What is slam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BtBaM are progressive metal, not metalcore.

This is metalcore:

This is BtBaM:

Metalcore = generic
BtBaM = technical and innovative

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what they sound like. Colors is awesome...

They're still metalcore. Just because two bands are in the same genre doesnt mean they'll sound exactly the same.

Edit: And, if we're going to pick, ABRB is deathcore, not metalcore either.

What about them is metalcore? They have NOTHING in common with metalcore. People just give them that label because their earlier stuff was shitty deathcore.

EDIT: And no, ABRB isn't deathcore, they're metalcore. Just because Wikipedia says it doesn't mean it's true. They sound more like I Killed the Prom Queen than Suicide Silence.

No they dont. But a death metal band cant have completely clean vocals. So that's a gray area.

Also, Suffocation used hardcore breakdowns... and along with the rest of their sound created the brutal death metal sound. Is most brutal death metal hardcore influenced? Yes. I doubt you can deny that.

I can't, but Suffocation aren't metalcore. They have a little bit of hardcore influence. BtBaM also have a little bit of hardcore influence, but like Suffocation, that doesn't mean they're metalcore.

These seem metalcore enough to me (and I'm sure plenty of other people here too)... but I dont have a problem with it in the first place. They're a good band.

Also, any progressive bands' genres automatically take the form of progressive + whatever other characteristic the band has metal.

Very few bands are just "progressive metal"

The Human Abstract and Protest the Hero are actual progressive metalcore bands. They actually have similar song structures and chord progressions used in metalcore. BtBaM does not.

BtBaM does seem to be better than your average core band, I'll give you that much.

Edit: However they also seem very unoriginal.

Status
Not open for further replies.