What is the exact runtime of Crimson?

Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
I know it's about 40 minutes, but I need to know the exact runtime as found on the CD. And is the CD all one track, or is the prologue("In a very distant future, the last generation of planet earth" etc etc) a seperate track?

unge said:
On my disc the one and only track consists of 39:54 minutes of pure briliance.

I had the MP3 of the 39:54 one, it's missing the first line, "Another sky is young"
So I always used to think the song begun with "Another frozen future past".
Meh, now I know the truth, having the actual cd.

Currently I only have the mp3. I plan to get the CD soon, but I'd like to know if I have the full mp3. Mine starts with "another sky is young", but on darklyrics.com it says there's a prologue that goes like this: "In a very distant future, the last generation of planet earth
has come to a point where they cannot bred anymore.
When everybody had lost their faith, a child was born, but no
one could be the father, except for a god.
This child was a gift from the skies of life-divine or..."

but that's not on the file I have. I was wondering if it was a seperate track on the CD.

I think it's just a written part to give the story more consistency, that has no actual music recorder for it.
Like the Visions in C2, or Prologue, Madrigal and Epilogue on Opeth's My Arms, Your Hearse album. They have lyrics written in the booklet, but are instrumentals.

It starts abruptly with Another Sky Is young, first thing you hear is vocals. That's brilliant in my opinion, skipping a typical epic intro, even when the song is 40-minutes long. Crimson is among the best I tell you!