What is the first thing that comes to mind?

My brothers friend who is now a senior dated a 14 year old girl last year. Her parents made them break up because he was too old for her.

now that's bullshit imo. I mean, they're being asses over it now but when a 30 year old and a 36 year old are a couple, it's no big deal. wtf is up with that?

A friend of mine who is almost 21 is dating a guy who is 10 years older as her... they've been together for 2 years i think. Every time i think about it, it always seems a bit strange. I mean, she is only in her 3th College Semester, and he is already working.

I am not saying that what the parents did was bad.
The difference between 14 and 17 or 18 is more evident than when people are older. When you are not so young anymore, its different.

I am 3 years younger als my bf. I think you can quite often see that he is more mature than i am. But i am getting better ;). 3 years is also the age difference between my mom and dad.

Yeah as everyone knows, the differences between years decreases as you get older.

There's more disapproval about a 18 year olds dating 14 year olds because of the legal issues that go along with it. Even if they have consensual sex, it's still qualified as statutory rape.

My boyfriend is four years older than me. I'm turning 18 next week and he's turning 22 in two and a half weeks. Nobody seems to notice that we have an age gap. We're pretty mature about it all (and he has facial hair, which I suppose makes him look older ;)) so I guess there really isn't a gap. But at this age, it's different, as when you get older (usually) you mature.

Since we're talking aobut age gaps ... My History teacher was telling us about this guy who fought in the American Civil War ... I think, but anywho after the war he decides to settle down, so he marries an 18 year old. Not that weird for back then but the guy was 80 damn years old! Props to him and all that flummery but the lady just recently died, and it marks the last day the U.S. government will write a pension check for someone involved in the Civil War.

pretty crazy. :loco: