What is the top album or style in the Orphaned Land?

I don't want to think of people in Israel walking about with "you can find me in da club, bottle fulla bud" blasting out of their walkmans. Ugh, why do I know those lyrics....damn ghetto people I work with. I feel more and more brain cells dying everyday.

actually... sorry to say.. the mainstream radio plays here ugly pop like 50c or kylie minog n shit.
the israeli mainstream is part oriental pop, and part rock\alt.

Actually, the biggest rock band ever, Machine (as in the pumpkins` album), are heaving a comeback this week after an 8 year break... some of thier members also had a pretty good solo carriers.
anyway, another common style here, is ethnic pop or generally thnic music mixing arabic\oriental sounds or instruments with rock or alt. melodies.we get a lot of mtv europe here, and tons of radiohead and sigur ro`s.
and there are some israeli artists who sound much like Portishead.
Most populat atlernative artist ever is Beri Saharof, he`s exellent... he`s amazing indeed. along with him, another musician who played with her in Minimal Compact (used to bepopular here and in holland were they worked during the early 80`s. they played wierd stuff but pretty good).
the biggest radio songers are Shlomo Artzi (never liked him music. annoying) and Rita (just a singer with semi-opera voice..)

As a musician, I kind of developed the attitude of "any kind of music is blessed", I try to keep an open mind and listen to ideas everywhere, even in styles the "standart metalist" despises, I kinda embraced the idea of being open minded and I feel that this has given me a lot, and what ever I don't like, I try to respect.

About your question, I think that in Israel, anything that goes in Europe and in the US finally catches and that you can find a very similar mainstream here, rap goes, soul music goes, all the "hits" finally get here too. About local music, Israel is a very small country and we have a strange language, so the local music doesn't go out of the borders a lot, and that is a big problem for artists here, so I guess it holds them a little back, but some of them are really good!

not all of them are held by the language barrier. take Noa for example, or Achinoam Nini as called originally :) she`s a Jazz genius, an also highly educated in on Ethnic singinf, she has two or three successful elnglish album and yet her biggest hit everywhere is Boey Kalla, a hebrew song.
but hebrew sounds awefully strange to most ears.

Metal is popular mostly around teanagers though not only (in here). The metal scene is not so big here in general, a few thowsands of people at the most, but I think it keeps some kind of proportion to the scene "outside" because of the relatively small amount of population...oh yeah and we have some kick ass bands......

HELLO GUYS....
AM KINDA NEW HERE IN THE AREA ....ORPHANED LAND IS MY FAVORITE BAND EVER ....AS FOR ANSWER OF THE SUBJECT ;
I FIND THE BAND S STYLE LIKE EXTRAORDINARY WITH THIS HARMONY BETWEEN ORIENTAL AND METAL SOUNDS.....
AS FOR THEIRE BEST ALBUM WELL I CANT FIND ANY CAUSE FOR EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY OF THEIRE ALBUMS....THEY ROCK......
AND PLUS THE MOST OF METAL BANDS WITH RESPECT TO THEM ....WELL ATTACKS GOD ....BUT I COULDNT FIND THAT IN ORPHANED LAND S SONGS ........:hotjump:

THANKS KOBI:wave:
I HAVE A QUEST ... R U THE VOCALIST OF THE BAND ?:Spin:
IF THAT WELLL IT S A GREAT HONOR FOR ME FOR I M TRYING TO MEET ORPHANED LAND LIVE ........BUT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE ...SO I LL TAKE ADANTAGE OF THE FORUM FOR THE MAX

inshalla soon there will be peace! amen ! and then there`s no dubet that Orphaned Land will preform in beirut. I`ll FORCE you guys to preform in beirut !!!

:cool:

Marhaba darkendless!!!

WELLL 10X Folklore ......BUT FOR THE MATTER OF PREFORMING IN BEIRUT IT S KINDA IMPOSSIBLE RIGHT NOW FOR WE THE LOCAL BANDS R FORBIDEN TO PLAY....THE GOV DECLARS : WE R SATAN S WORSHIPERS .... DO U BELIEVE THAT ?!!
WELLLL TILL THIS IMBECIL PROB ENDS ...WE LLL STAY PRAYING FOR PEACE

here it`s sometimes gets TOO liberal... not all israelis are western in culture.. there are Druz, beduin, muslims, christians and orthodox jews (extremly religious) who`s lifestyle is not very westerm but above all i think that freedom of speach and art here is almost sacred! and im greatful for it... as long as no one is offenced ofcourse

hail ...
great to hear that my brother ....i think u r right sometimes the gov can be so annoying ....
we have the 3 holy religions here but ...and we have the right to talk and act freely . but lots of probs such fanatik ones and major prob between youth and the gov ....
welll we r trying now to make a concert as a reunion for all our local bands (36 bands) .and hope we succeed ....i wished u could be here ... u ll be our vip band :Spin: