what is your favorite cryptozoological animal?

screwdriverqueen

human plant/container.
Nov 3, 2002
Boston
www.livejournal.com
mine is the MONGOLIAN DEATH WORM!

"The desolate Gobi Desert is said to be the home of a mysterious, deadly creature called Allghoi khorkhoi, also known as the Mongolian death worm. It is described as a fat, bright red snakelike animal measuring two to four feet in length, which is vividly likened to a cow's intestine. In fact, the name Allghoi khorkhoi means "intestine worm." The death worm is so feared among the people of Mongolia that many consider the mere mention of its name bad luck, and it is attributed with the dramatic ability to kill people and animals instantly at a range of several feet. It is believed that the worm sprays an immensely lethal poison, or that it somehow transmits high electrical charges into its victims."

also, CHUPRACABRAS, THE JERSEY DEVIL, AND THUNDERBIRDS.

you?

ps -

cryp·to·zo·ol·o·gy

n.
The study of creatures, such as the Sasquatch, whose existence has not been substantiated.

actually, if anyone is interested in joining a privately-run paranormal/cryptozoological messageboard that is about as casual as this or BCO, let me know. it exists and it definitely needs new (SOME) blood.

i'm reading a book by loren coleman right now, actually. "cryptozoology A-Z"

i heard "mystery america" (i think this was the title, but i feel like i'm wrong, somehow, so correct me. haha.) was really good.

has anyone read that?

nick, yeah definitely!

i actually did some research on travel to mongolia a little while ago and found out that for $2500, you can travel there and back, buy horses and supplies, and live in the desert for a month! I totally plan on doing this at some point. And hopefully won't get kiled by the death worm.

As cryptids go, I've got to show a little love for C. MEGALODON. The thought that maybe, possibly these things could be cruising the seas bugs me right the fuck out.

Gevaudan.jpg

chupa3.jpg

and people... tasman sea monster!!!!!!!