what is your favorite sandwich ever

neverpurify

May 24, 2004
my go to sandwich would probably be a good cheese steak. right now though I have some italian beef cooking in the oven:kickass:

My favorite sandwich ever is a Brisket Fresser (Fresser is their term for a large sandwich) at Reins Deli - it's made from 8oz of beef brisket that they cook daily and hot from the steamtable. Served on a grilled hard roll with a side of brisket gravy for dipping and I'm in heaven. Back in my younger days I worked at Reins for several years - the best employer I ever had and some of the best food to be found in Connecticut.

Cheese filled and bacon wrapped baguette that i grilled/baked in a traditional wood heater and topped with garlic butter(Sauna heater that is.).
Best sandwich i have ever had.. maybe it was the fumes of 100 year old Finnish genitalia that did it. :lol:

My favorite sandwich ever is a Brisket Fresser (Fresser is their term for a large sandwich) at Reins Deli - it's made from 8oz of beef brisket that they cook daily and hot from the steamtable. Served on a grilled hard roll with a side of brisket gravy for dipping and I'm in heaven. Back in my younger days I worked at Reins for several years - the best employer I ever had and some of the best food to be found in Connecticut.

Dude - Holy SHIT! Where are you from? I think Rein's is up in Vernon CT (at least the one I know), and I have to say... they are amazing. Everything I've ever eaten there has been phenomenal. Their Reuben is amazing.

I used to have an office in Bloomfield and would always make it a point to stop there when I was in CT (I live in PA normally).

I just had a lovely fried cheese sandwich with nice cheese, oregano, swarzwalder schinken and ketchup. However, I could go for a good Bratwurst with sauerkraut right now, and mustard.

I dig old school Montreal smoked meat sandwiches from Schwartz's.

fo-schwartzs-smoked-meat-sand-608.jpg

If you are in the states on the west-coast, Cheba Hut is fucking amazing. My favorite is their Blunt sized Jamaican Red ((SPICY CHICKEN)
Spicy grilled chicken breast, green bell peppers, jalapeños, black olives & cheddar cheese) with extra jalapenos. Mmmmm... orgasmic.

http://www.chebahut.com/ for those interested. :)