What is your opinion ?

thefish666

Jun 28, 2007
What is your opinion ? on Ibanez Guitars..Do you like and why ? And what model or models does it for you ?

I love love love the RG series (seeing as how I have one!) - just make sure to get a Prestige model with the Edge Pro bridge (not the Edge III, or Edge Pro II, which are poop). Also, the bridge on the S series (the ZR trem) is pretty much the most advanced Floyd variant in existence today, but I've never liked the amoeba-like shape of the S, so it doesn't appeal to me.

There was a bashing thread here a while ago.

Just stay away from the dirt cheap stuff like the G10 or whatever. Saber's rule. i have an s470, and a buddy had an s540 and they both are awesome. I played a Jem in store once and the neck is fluid too. If you're going to play alot of metal rhythm guitar go for a mahogony bodied one.

jems are great especially the flower one, but i cant stand the s series the tone from them is a bit thin for my tastes.

Hmm, if you're going for a non-trem guitar, I'd strongly recommend ESP LTD over Ibanez, so you can get a good ol' Tune-O-Matic, rather than those stupid stupid hardtails (turning 12 allen screws to adjust the string height? Give me a fucking break...)

Hmm, if you're going for a non-trem guitar, I'd strongly recommend ESP LTD over Ibanez, so you can get a good ol' Tune-O-Matic, rather than those stupid stupid hardtails (turning 12 allen screws to adjust the string height? Give me a fucking break...)

My Ibanez has a Tune-O-Matic!!!

Happy new guitar day :Smokin:

Any opinions or comment about the RG1527 seven string-model.. I'm about to order one..

Dude thanks

About the guitar found 1 review : RG1527 Review

I found by using the forum and reading around and speaking to some of my guitar buddies..certain things .first it depends on you needs - leads, heavy Rhythm, live , studio , all purpose etc.. I am by no means an expert (are any of us)
Like things for Rhythm playing :
Rosewood Body
Fixed Bridge ( stop tail piece)
Neck Thru (sustain)
EMGs

Mahogany body dude, I don't think I've ever heard of a body being made out of rosewood (mostly fingerboards and occasionally whole necks), as opposed to basswood, which isn't as good for heavy rhythms.

Mine is an Ibanez RG470 made in japan (1998). What do you think about this one?

Mahogany body dude, I don't think I've ever heard of a body being made out of rosewood (mostly fingerboards and occasionally whole necks), as opposed to basswood, which isn't as good for heavy rhythms.

Sorry I have been fucking things up lately..I meant Mahogany ...2 nd thread this week..