What is your usual processing for drum overheads?

Why do guys take so much snare out of the OHs? I don't mean that to sound like a 'that's stupid, my way is the only way' post; I'm genuinely interested in hearing the logic and how it can help in an applicable situation.

I more often than not augment drums with samples rather than brutal 100% triggering but I find that the snare in the OHs helps getting that perfect blend...

I would only take snare out of the overheads if the snare on the kit stinks and I'm going to be very heavily sample replacing it. It's not actually something I've had to do yet though as I really like hearing alot of snare in the OH's and I normally make quite alot of effort getting the snare to sound as good as possible before recording.

I HP at 500hz pretty much every mix without fail and compress fairly lightly.
After that I high pass the room mic at like 200hz, smash the living fuck out of it and turn it up really loud though, so I get plenty of snare in there beefing things up \m/

i cut the lows then add bucket loads of compression, slightly eq out the mids (very very little) to slightly thin out the oh's and smooth them out

High pass filter, much lower than most of you it seems. Then I might use some tape saturation. That's generally it. Haven't got results I liked when I've tried to compress overheads, I need to experiment with it more. I've been thinking about trying 3 overheads when I next record drums, using a LDC in the center, about 2 drumsticks' distance above the snare, compressed to hell with a really low HP. Then 2 SDC overheads for the "normal" stuff with a higher HP. Maybe I'll also try micing the toms from underneath too.

The only thing I do other than whats been mentioned is sometimes pull down a bit of 3k/4k but not always

I looked around the forum for a while and i couldn't find a pretty straight forward answer to my question.

that's because everybody does it totally differently!

some guys compress/limit the fuck out of em, others leave them alone...some people will do some drastic EQing, others maybe just hipass filter

when it comes down to it, you're asking a question that doesn't have a straightforward answer!