What kind of bands do you listen to?

NightSoul

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2006
France, Bretagne, Rennes
I think it's interresting to know what bands you listen to
Into eternity is a death/prog band isn't it? so I think that we are not influenced by the same bands
my favorites band are melodic death metal's bands like In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Insomnium, Scar Symmetry, Hypocrisy, Opeth (which is also a prog band) Mors Principium Est, Lunarsea, Disarmonia Mundi, Soilwork...
some kind of prog bands even if sometimes it's so boring : Dream Theater, Pain Of Salvation, Evergrey, Symphony-X
I also listen to some kind of black metal like dimmu borgir or naglfar and heavy metal like Iron Maiden :kickass:
And you?

haha - those are the bands I listen to:

Dream Theater, Pain Of Salvation, Evergrey and Symphony X. Also Death and Cryptopsy.

• Symphony X , Battleheart, Cacophony, Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Megadeth, Death, Control Denied, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Meshuggah, Spastic Ink, Watchtower, Children of Bodom, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Pantera, Jens Johansson, Slayer, Steve Vai, more....

Nine Inch Nails, Kayaklysm, Ensiferum, Mithotyn, Noman's Land, HORSE the band, Bloodbathm Vital Remains, Benighten, Yyrkoon, Galar, Finntroll, Trollfest, Nivelheimen, Into Eternity, Thyrfing, Cydonia, Shining Fury, Elders Of Despair, Lumsk, Mortiis, and many many more.

I mostly listen to darker or proggressive metal, thrash and some death.

Some names: Into Eternity, Brainstorm, Evergrey, POS, Nevermore, Assailant, Testament, Overkill, Death Angel, Symphorce, Dew-Scented, Vanden Plas, Eidolon, Kataklysm, Cryptopsy, Death (and probably forgetting a whole bunch of important ones right now :lol: )

NightSoul said:
I think it's interresting to know what bands you listen to
Into eternity is a death/prog band isn't it? so I think that we are not influenced by the same bands
my favorites band are melodic death metal's bands like In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Insomnium, Scar Symmetry, Hypocrisy, Opeth (which is also a prog band) Mors Principium Est, Lunarsea, Disarmonia Mundi, Soilwork...
some kind of prog bands even if sometimes it's so boring : Dream Theater, Pain Of Salvation, Evergrey, Symphony-X
I also listen to some kind of black metal like dimmu borgir or naglfar and heavy metal like Iron Maiden :kickass:
And you?
You rattled off most of my favorite bands right there, namely the Swedish ones (never heard of Lunarsea, though, I'll have to check them out.) I also dig a lot of power metal; Death; At the Gates; some tech death (i.e. Necrophagist); and Nevermore.

I'll listen to any form of metal, or music in general, if it's good.

Into Eternity (obviously!), Iron Maiden, Cea Serin, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Mors Principium Est, Persuader, Evergrey, Dark Tranquillity, Coprofago, Enter My Silence, God Forbid, Redemption + loads more!

I'm into Children Of Bodom,Metallica,Ozzy,Slayer,Black Sabbath,BLS,Megadeth,Into Eternity,In Flames,Arch Enemy,Opeth,Dark Tranquillity,AC/DC,Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I like to listen to

Death metal : Necrophagist, Quo Vadis, Decrepit Birth, Krisiun, Angel Corpse, Augury, ect...

Black metal : Dark Funeral, Marduk, Setherial, Borknagar, Mayhem, ect..

Thrash : Kreator, Testament, Sodom, Destruction, Death Angel,ect...

power : Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, rhapsody (of fire?) , running wild, helloween, ect...

thats mainly what i listen to. I'll be honest here and say that i am not a fan of swedish gothenburg DM (nor would i call that genre DM at all) or metalcore...

examples : dark tranquility, arch enemy, soilwork, in flames, darkest hour, shadows fall, black dahlia murder, trivium, scar symmetry , bleeding through, ect...

sorry i never liked those genre's.

The DM i like that comes from sweden is bands that are in the vein of (Early) Entomed, Unleashed, Dismember, Grave, Bloodbath, (early) Edge of Sanity, ect.. Other DM bands from sweden i like include Spawn of Possession and Aeon.

For me melodic DM is bands like Death, Cynic, Pestilence, (newer) Vital Remains, Nocturnus, (early) Gorguts, Necrophagist, Augury, (newer) Dismember, Quo Vadis, ect....

Bands that play death metal with melody.

You want variety, no offense but I cross many musical spectrums:

I listen to:

Everything from death/black/thrash/prog/metalcore/hardcore metal bands (way to f'ing many to actually name), to jambands such as moe., Umphrey's McGee, Widespread Panic, Phish, to jazz trios and bands such as Medeski, Martin & Wood, Miles Davis' late 60's/70s fusion era stuff, to some neo-bluegrass outfits such Tin Hat Trio, to poppier stuff like Coldplay, Muse, Coheed and Cambria, dredg to traditional prog-rock such as Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Flower Kings, Spocks Beard, to some folky artists such as Cat Power, Ani Defranco, I'll lump Jack Johnson and his acoustic here as well.

Basically if it's good, I'll listen to it.