What kind of music does everyone listen to, when not listening to metal?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I am just wondering what everyone on this very thrash oriented board listens to, when testament etc is not blaring out of their speakers?

:hotjump: I listen to just about everything. From Hip/Hop to Death Metal to Jazz to Classical to Black Metal to Thrash to Blues to Classic Rock to Prog.

If it ain't metal.....and it ain't rock....

I listen to:

1. Country Music.
2. Old 70's rock....Allman Brothers, Skynyrd, Pink Floyd. Eagles.

That's about it.

-RIP JMJ

-OfficerNice....the next member of Voivod.

Classic Rock...all of it! Steve Miller, Eagles, Old Rush, Pink Floyd, Grand Funk Railroad, The Guess Who, The Who, ...I could go on forrever...love that shit!!

Also listen to bands like Paradise Lost, Spock's Beard, and Porcupine Tree...cool mellow progressive rock..

I love Jimmy Buffett's music too.
His shows are a blast.

RIP JMJ

-OfficerNice...the next member of Voivod

Hey Mind Insane do you have the new Porcupine tree In Absentia? I love it, most of it sounds like a modern Opeth, with a little floyd thrown in.

Officer nice- you ever go to a buffet concert? I must say his music is nothing special, yet still enjoyable, but it is rather fun getting drunk at his concert, and i love seeing 40 year olds blitzed- it is rather amusing to see the overweight republican next door having a few too many 8 dollar beers and acting even more obnoxious than usual.

Well as long as its NOT Meatloaf, Bad Company, Jimmy Buffet, Queen, Bob Seger, Eminem, KISS, or any nu metal I would most likely listen to just about anything else (even SOME country), although I dont own any country LOL
If its not metal in any way shape or form then I usually will listen to old school hardcore and punk, classic rock, 70s folk rock, jazz, blues, 50s rock n roll, early 80s new wave, old school hardcore rap, scifi/horror movie soundtracks and somber stuff like Lisa Germano and Suzanne Vega.

Officer nice- you ever go to a buffet concert? I must say his music is nothing special, yet still enjoyable, but it is rather fun getting drunk at his concert, and i love seeing 40 year olds blitzed- it is rather amusing to see the overweight republican next door having a few too many 8 dollar beers and acting even more obnoxious than usual. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I have. Can't *not* have fun where the performer
markets his own Tequila! I like Sammy Hagar's more than
I like Jimmy Buffett's but it's one big party at Shoreline.
And it's rather amusing seeing me the regular weight Republican
next door having a few too many 8 dollar beers and acting
more obnoxious than usual ha ha ha ha!

RIP JMJ

yeah i hope in 15 years to be one of those drunk guys- hopefully i stiil am cynical about politics and not overweight, but hey these things happen.

I hear cabo wabo is excellent- the best tequila ive ever had is centanario.

Originally posted by speed
yeah i hope in 15 years to be one of those drunk guys- hopefully i stiil am cynical about politics and not overweight, but hey these things happen.

It's all perspective. Where I differ with those old fat republicans
is that I'm not old or fat and I like cheap beer instead of that
8 dollar stuff and I love to party. What's cool about buffett
shows is there are tons and tons of young people.

I hear cabo wabo is excellent- the best tequila ive ever had is centanario.

I have not had centanario. but I've had a couple bottles of
Cabo. it's smooth. NO HANGOVER!

When it's not Metal, which is'nt that often, then it's Classic Rock, from my youth: Scorpions, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, Skynyrd,
Frampton, Nugent, U F O, B T O, Van Halen, Y & T, Hagar, Montrose, Etc........................

I really enjoy classical, but don't really get a chance to listen to it that much. When not listening to metal, it's progressive technical instrumental rock.

The term "metal" can be used to describe a huge amount of music. Instrumental metal like Dysrhythmia (like I mentioned above) is barely like brutal death, like something like Cryptopsy, and there both completely different than something like Iced Earth, etc....

There are like 20 different types of music, several of which are barely related, which get grouped into "metal", making it very hard to get tired of all metal.

I used to listen to jethro tull,bach,miles davis,satriani,video games soundtracks and from time to time some depeche mode

Almost anything...I like some Dance, some 80s Pop, especially Simple Minds, Blue Nile, etc.., GABBER!, Punk, like Exploited, some general rock like G'N'Rs, Early Manic Street Preachers, Faith No More etc.. - basically anything thats good..

Metal is the best, but its not the only good music out there.

Anyone know when the tickets for Testament at The MeanFiddler in April go on sale!?