what low cost drum mic kit would u recommended?

okay tittle says it all....i started to record my band demos to get songs together and i have 3 option
i would be very thankful if you could tell me about kits...maybe your own experiences.

kit 1
akg groove pack
kit 2
shure pgdmk6
kit 3
samson 7 or 8 kit

i could get them new or used around 200e so is they any woth of it?

I've used the AKG Groove Pack in the past, don't have too much experience about the others you mentioned.

As with all low budget mics/mic sets, EQ is your friend. Try to get the least amount of bleed possible and get heavy handed with some subtractive EQ. The overhead mic signals usually contain a lot of fizzy and whistly peaks you need to take care of.

One thing I'd definitely do is to take samples of the kick, snare and toms. Then you have the option to mix it fully to your liking and blend in with the live tracks.

Definitely a manageable situation and you can get good results with the tips I wrote.

I recently tracked drums with pgdmk6 kit, very decent for toms and overheads works fine, but the kick mic at least for metal is horrible, added a sm57 for top snare too and we ended buying an audix d6 for kick

I'm using Samson 7 kit + I have aditional c01 & c02. I'm pleased with kick and oh. Snare is workable and toms are kinda like blanket is over them.

I've only used the Samson set. You can get by, if you tweak the sounds and mess around with some fancy automating (automate the lowpass on the tom-track eq to only let through high frequencies during the attack of the hits etc.).

Wish I knew how to polish the sound more, when I had to use the cheaper mics. :D Just make sure that your drums sound good to begin with and you're off to a good start even when the mics aren't that great.

ok....thanks for advises! i am happy that my our band drummer got good sounding kit and i already got one sm57 and two copies of sm57.
it seems that i turning into shure pgdmk6 kit but anyway. do you know that shure got new mic set called shure pg alta? is there any difference between pg alta and pgdmk6. there is akg groove pack and akg session 1 kit but it seems that only difference is that session set got mic more.

one question more...it would be cool to hear your recordings with those kits becouse in youtube "testing" and "drum cover" videos i think tube
videos dont tell the whole truth about mics.
but thanks already your answers.

So you already have 3 sm57's you can use? If that's the case, I'd probably only buy a solid bassdrum mic (sennheiser e602ii is what I love) and some overheads (Oktava mk012 are great for the buck, but they might still be out of your budget).

Actually I think this is the best option, get the sennheiser e602ii or audix maybe second hand ones, the problem will be a pair of good overheads on budget or viceversa

I'd avoid the kits generally. Not much worth keeping long term in any of them (the one exception being the Samson QKick, which is has a good rep for metal kicks and can be had dirt cheap if you're carefu.

Until you get spending decent money on the Audix DP5/Shure DKM/Sennheiser etc you're not really getting a great quality mic. Your money will go WAY further by picking up used mic's on eBay etc, you'll be able to pick stuff up that you'll actually keep rather than selling on a year down the line.

For kick you could just go for a trigger and sample replace? Or if you want a mic as mentioned the E602-II is great and not too pricey, especially on ebay etc. Again as mentioned a used Samson QKick could be a bargain if you can find one.

Go used for some budget condensers, M-Audio Pulsar/Studio Projects C4/Oktava MK012/Rode NT5 all do the job well. And if you upgrade further down the line you can still use them for cymbal spot mic's or snare bottom.

Going this route you'd have some mic's that will last you many years for the same money as you would have spent on the kits. As an example I got a pair of used C4's for £70, a Samson QKick for £30 and I've had Sennheiser E604's for about £50 each. So that would be £200 all in and combined with the 57 you already have you'd be set, with the 57 copies left over for under snare and maybe a room/cymbal spot.