What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Something about his penchance for certain intervals... and, I don't know. I just have a thing. I know he's got talent. I like him in small doses. Actually LIKE him. But after a while, I get annoyed. Just being honest. It may not make sense.

It does. Warrel Dane is a great singer, he's had a five year training as an opera singer. he puts lots of emotion into his singing, but it's also a little pathetic. So, maybe that's what's getting on your nerves.

What's on the second disk? Is it worth the inevitable extra cash?

As Coma323 said, it has remixes of the songs. Depends if you like remixes or not as to whether you would like it. It was $1 more for the 2-CD edition so I figured it was worth it. Jesu (Justin Broadrick) does a remix as well as Eluvium. I'm a big fan of those two guys so I bought it. They are pretty good. I don't think I would go purchase the album just for the remixes unless you are a diehard fan.

As Coma323 said, it has remixes of the songs. Depends if you like remixes or not as to whether you would like it. It was $1 more for the 2-CD edition so I figured it was worth it. Jesu (Justin Broadrick) does a remix as well as Eluvium. I'm a big fan of those two guys so I bought it. They are pretty good. I don't think I would go purchase the album just for the remixes unless you are a diehard fan.

Well I am an Eluvium fan and an EitS fan..... And I can't find it on Amazon.ca..... Maybe I'll just let this one go.

Thanks for the info.

Something about his penchance for certain intervals... and, I don't know. I just have a thing. I know he's got talent. I like him in small doses. Actually LIKE him. But after a while, I get annoyed. Just being honest. It may not make sense.

The album is surprisingly more tatseful than I imagined it would be. Not just full shred ahead. It breathes. It's good.
I think I will get this one.
Not a fan of Dane either...actually I really can't stand his voice at all. Somehow it's over-the-top without being emotional...or whatever. I tried to get into Nevermore, but I just can't :/

The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
Riverside - Second Life Syndrom

After I bought Nile's Ithyphallic only a week ago, I was eager to buy some more metal stuff. I tried Novembers Doom, Morbid Angel, Warrel Dane, Jeff Loomis, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility. But somehow, I found it all boring. Dunno what it is. :(

The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
Riverside - Second Life Syndrom

After I bought Nile's Ithyphallic only a week ago, I was eager to buy some more metal stuff. I tried Novembers Doom, Morbid Angel, Warrel Dane, Jeff Loomis, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility. But somehow, I found it all boring. Dunno what it is. :(
MA and Meshuggah are the best of that bunch without question iyam. Meshuggah are pretty hit or miss, it will either click or nothing will happen. MA are pretty awesome, but I've never been a massive fan, Altars, Blessings, Domination and Covenant are all pretty good iaym.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve & Nothing

I've ordered buty not received.

Amon Amarth - Twillight of the Thundergod t-shirt.
Eluvette - Slania t-shirt.

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction t-shirt.
Amorphis - Silent Waters T-shirt.
Equillibrium - Sagas t-shirt.

Opeth - Morningrise Hodded Zip.

Katatonia - Brave Yesterdays t-shirt.

Bathory - Nordland T-shirt.
Bathory - TWILIGHT OF THE GODS t-shirt
Dark Tranquillity - Gold t-shirt.
Amon Amarth - Golden Horde t-shirt.

Plus a 10 dollar grab bag:err:

Aurora Black - And The Skies Dream Infinite Sorrow
Carcass - Heartwork :headbang:
Catacombs - In The Depths of R'lyeh
Godflesh - Us and Them :headbang:
Krallice - s/t :headbang:
Mercenary - Architect of Lies (it's OK, but they just aren't the same w/o Kral)
Morgion - Solinari
Mors Principium Est - Inhumanity
Naglfar - Harvest
Slumber - Fallout :headbang::headbang: this came out in '04 and I just came across it last week - a damn fine album
Testament - The Formation of Damnation :headbang:

The Cure - Disintegration
Carcass - Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious
Carcass - Heartwork
Carcass - Swansong
Suffocation - The Best of Suffocation (gonna buy 'Human Waste' soon)
Obituary - Slowly We Rot and Cause of Death
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
Korpiklaani - Korven Kuningas
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
To/Die/For - Epilogue

I must buy 'Reek of Putrefaction' and 'Symphonies of Sickness' before I go see Carcass next Friday!

Finally got around buying some new cd's again. Finally finished my Nick Drake collection too, the regular albums at least. I remember getting some complaints when I posted a picture of my signed Watershed cd that I didn't have Bryter Layter, haha. That's fixed now. The trophies:

folder.jpg

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Nick-Drake-Bryter-Layter-333180.jpg

Nick Drake - Bryter Layter