What Music Have You Bought Recently?

nick drake is really nice, i just tried him out. also, dark suns (mentioned in another thread) is quite interesting. now, there's a lot of stuff on my mind which i could buy next ...

nick drake is really nice, i just tried him out. also, dark suns (mentioned in another thread) is quite interesting. now, there's a lot of stuff on my mind which i could buy next ...

Yeah, Nick Drake is mandatory. All his stuff is amazing, especially Five Leaves Left and Pink Moon. If you're into melancholic singer-songwriter kind of stuff I also recommend the other cd I just mentioned, 'For Emma, Forever Ago' by Bon Iver. Great stuff.

868623.jpg

black_sabbath___master_of_reality.jpg_320_320_0_9223372036854775000_0_1_0.jpg

If you're into melancholic singer-songwriter kind of stuff I also recommend the other cd I just mentioned, 'For Emma, Forever Ago' by Bon Iver. Great stuff.

Melancholy features alot in the music I listen to, that's true. I tried Bon Iver but the voice isn't for me.

Opeth - The Candle Light Years.. Too bad my fucking CD player ain't playing it :erk:
Opeth - Ghost Reveries (shame :Smug:)
Edge of Sanity - Evolution / Until Eternity Ends
Dan Swanö - Moontower
Camel - Rain Dances

And probably Pan.Thy.Monium - Khaoohs :oops:

XQAN106678.jpg

And...
Mike Oldfield - Islands
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - In Glorious Times
Van Der Graaf Generator - The Last We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other
Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts
Van Der Graaf - Vital
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (remaster)
Dio - Holy Diver
Demons & Wizards - s/t

A great day!! :p

Drake is one of those artists that is so unbelievably good I'd love to get into his stuff again. Discovering it and playing his 3 albums over and over and over falling in love with them again would be great. One of the best artists of all time iyam. 3 10/10 albums, I can't falter any of them. But my personal favorite is Five Leaves Left. Oh and along with Arjen W Bon Iver plug try out Iron & Wine and Ane Brun if you haven't. Two contemporay folk artists who draw from Drake as a major inspiration. If you haven't heard of either of these then I envy you even more. Both insanely good artists. Oh and Sabbath are a little overrated, that said the s/t and master specifically absolutely destroy.

Hmm I've found most people considering that is his best. Bryter was the first one I listened to after hearing it was the best. It's like mayh, sl, bwp or dark side, animals, wish you were here, they are all trilogy's filled with ridiculous amounts of winning, it's basically a matter of preference as to what is the best.