What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Both bands have pop sensibilities, male vocals with a LITTLE feminine twist, and kinda Radiohead-britpop-sounding melodies...things that Metal Wrath would normally consider gay... but Muse is heavier and darker...i like both bands, they are cool.

Spur of the moment kinda thing....

TEXTURESdrawingbig.jpg

the allman brothers band - eat a peach
eric clapton - cream of clapton
rush - test for echo
mastodon - leviathan
jimi hendrix - electric ladyland
pink floyd - saucerful of secrets and obscured by clouds
beethoven compilation
lamb of god - new american gospel reissue

I got $100 from my uncle for "fixing" his laptop, so right away I went to the used record store...

G3 Live-Rockin' in the free world
Megadeth-Cryptic Writings
Sepultura-Roots
Origin-Echoes of decimation
Canibal Corpse-The Wretched Spawn
Full Blown Chaos-Wake the Demons
Metallica-Black Album
JudasPriest-Angel of Retribution

...with enough money left to get hammerd

TheUnforgiven said:
I got $100 from my uncle for "fixing" his laptop, so right away I went to the used record store...

G3 Live-Rockin' in the free world
Megadeth-Cryptic Writings
Sepultura-Roots
Origin-Echoes of decimation
Canibal Corpse-The Wretched Spawn
Full Blown Chaos-Wake the Demons
Metallica-Black Album
JudasPriest-Angel of Retribution

...with enough money left to get hammerd

haha. i almost thought you were serious for a second.

my final large purchase for a long time(I quit my job

Enslaved-Below the lights(they didnt have Ruun
Nile-Black seed of vengance
Amon Amarth-Fate of Norns
Motorhead-Ace of spades
Morbid Angel-Blessed are the sick
Skinless-Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
Meshuggah-Contadiction collapse & none

Unfortunately Arch Enemy haven't released anything decent since Wages of Sin (which I did still like). They just sound bland and bored out of their minds on the last two albums.

The first two albums are better than Burning Bridges. And I actually think Wages of Sin was quite good. It was by no means earth shattering but it atleast had the catchy melodic guitar leads that the Amott brothers used to be known for and the songwriting was mostly ferocious and fast. The albums since then have been very lackluster and bland with a lot of almost mid-tempo stuff, uninspired melodies and songs that just generally go nowhere. I think the fact that Chris Amott took a 'break' from the band and then ended up not coming back also shows how dedicated they really are anymore. The band just has no energy and creativity left. Michael should just shut the band down and keep focusing on Spiritual Beggars instead.