What Music Have You Bought Recently?

it should be painfully obvious that doomsday machine is nowhere even in the same world as something i would deem listenable. arch enemy was done the moment johan left. not that they were terribly important before that anyway.

Funny, I only listen to post-Johan Arch Enemy. They are a pretty big band nowadays... I only thought Anthems... was lackluster. Their new one was maybe missing something, but definitely worth a listen or ten.

i aint play this said:
New Arch Enemy is not that bad...

man-gela gross-ow definitely destroyed that band. its night and day from johan days to her albums. they havent written a riff they havent already done in a LONG time. its absolutely pathetic. im glad spiritual beggars hasnt completely suffered the same sort of stagnation though.

NineFeetUnderground said:
man-gela gross-ow definitely destroyed that band. its night and day from johan days to her albums. they havent written a riff they havent already done in a LONG time. its absolutely pathetic. im glad spiritual beggars hasnt completely suffered the same sort of stagnation though.

It's always interesting when i hear people say that about Johan. To me Angela has a much better voice and alot more balls, where Johan lacked any sort of power.

I do like Arch Enemy, but i agree that none of their albums have consistently great songs throughout, i always like maybe 3 or 4.

I'm sure their recent success from wages onwards has alot to do with Andy Sneap engineering and mixing them.

Keith! said:
It's always interesting when i hear people say that about Johan. To me Angela has a much better voice and alot more balls, where Johan lacked any sort of power.

I do like Arch Enemy, but i agree that none of their albums have consistently great songs throughout, i always like maybe 3 or 4.

I'm sure their recent success from wages onwards has alot to do with Andy Sneap engineering and mixing them.

lacked any sort of power? are you completely out of your mind? she sounds like a cat being skinned...and not ONLY a cat being skinned...but a BORED cat being skinned. oh yes...its possible.

listen to johan scream "you will suffer excrutiating pain!" on transmigration macabre. and then tell me you dont think he sounds dead serious. :oops: he had an almost entirely original and bold vocal style at that time. you could understand what he was saying, but it was ballsy and harsh. best of all worlds. especially on the first 2 albums. he sincerely mellowed out on burning bridges.

NineFeetUnderground said:

Imo ''Burning Bridges'' is their best, but i think that ''Wages of Sin'' and ''Anthems'' had a few good songs worth listenin' to, but it started to get kind of generic and some of the riffs sounds a bit too modern/repetitive for the band's past standards, Angela ''shemale'' Gossow has a cool vocal approach, but sometimes she tries to sound more brutal than what the music asks for...beside these flaws, both albums have cool guitar harmonies and riffs, not groundbreaking stuff for sure and horrible lyrics for sure but, it is not that terrible except for ''Doomsday'', which sucked monkey balls and offered nothing interesting at all. And spiritual Beggars is indeed very nice, ''Ad Astra'' rules.

I've been buying mostly opeth cds, but I recetly bought BTBAM's "the anatomy of". It just cover tracks of their favorite bands like pantera, metallica, & king crimson.

Ordered:

Ceremonial Castings - "Immortal Black Art"
Ceremonial Castings - "Barbaric is the Beast"

I will soon purchase the DVD Rebirth of Dissection
for my joy and glory! how fun to finally have it in my hands seeing the band performing over and over again. That band survived through out the years and is now shuting down with this DVD. it will be a great memory until we see Jon doing something else.further on and still doing it like a master. Dissection was a great band and will keep that way forever

TheUnforgiven said:
give us a list...

Arbete & Fritid
Mikael Ramel
london underground
Bla Taget
Carpet Knights
Brimstone Solar Radiation
Drahk Von Trip
Lucifer Was
Elope
Loquat