BLACK BONED ANGEL Eternal Hunger cd $10.98
ESOTERIC The Pernicious Enigma 2cd $17.98
JOHANNSSON, JOHANN IBM 1401 : A User's Manual cd $13.98
DEATHPROD Morals and Dogma cd $16.98
IRR. APP. (EXT.) Perekluchenie cd $14.98
SLEEP Dopesmoker cd $16.98
ELECTRIC WIZARD Dopethrone cd $16.98

buddhabar5.jpg

really good pick on the first two. they are both good recordings (i have one recording of the paganini caprices by perlman. there may be more than one, but they should all be great.) i haven't heard that recording of the four seasons. the performers are not notable for their recordings of baroque music, so i doubt it is the best possible choice among recordings of the four seasons. still, good stuff.

cheers. You may notice I have tried to pick some of the best classical works to start with. The Four Seasons recording is the only one in which I am not sure of the Orchestra, because I have gotten it online, for temporary listening. Which performance would you recommend me purchase?

there are hundreds of different recordings of the four seasons as it's one of the most popular classical pieces there are. seiji ozawa is a good conductor and boston symphony orchestra is a quality orchestra, but good baroque recordings are commonly (though not always) by dedicated baroque orchestras and performers. these orchestras and performers usually perform only pre-classical period music (renaissance, baroque, occasionally also Mozart and even Boccherini as well) on instruments from that period. some good orchestras of this sort are europa galante, musica antiqua köln, london baroque etc.
among the best recordings of the four seasons the one i favor is the one by fabio biondi and europa galante that you can find here.

i can't resist making a record suggestion here: by all means, if you get a chance, listen to this recording of j s bach's cello suites by mystilav rostropovich. rostropovich performs compositions from all periods and is not as specialized as say, jordi savall, but this recording is just marvelous.

GRA383.JPG
g17564gjtm0.jpg
Il13.jpeg

about $10 apiece, arrived in the mail today. and then splurged at tower records last night.

$4 ane brun - a temporary drive
$10 the black heart procession - the spell
$10 dungen - stadsvandringar
$8 elp - brain salad surgery
$10 espers - ii
$8 the gathering - home
$5 holst - the planets
$8 john butler trio - three
$10 the mars volta - amputechture
$8 pure reason revolution - the dark third
$9 scott walker - scott 4
$10 van der graaf generator - still life