What Music Have You Bought Recently?

couldn't resist picking up a few things when i was actually standing in mellotronen last week. D:

gösta berlings saga - tid är ljud
uzva - uoma
HØST - på sterke vinger
samla mammas manna - s/t
samla mammas manna - kaka
samla mammas manna - måltid

and bought gargamel's watch for the umbles album on the silja line between shows.

this post along with your avatar makes me convinced that you have the best musical taste on this forum
That's funny, because a few people on this forum are responsible for showing me many great bands. However, you are the only other person here I've heard compliment the Strawbs. :kickass:

Hilliard-C02.jpg

49964E.jpg

post-427490-1145359629.jpg

3198E.jpg

Of course. Vastly underrated band. Eclectic and soulful folk-rock.
Jon, have you heard Dave Cousins' solo album? I'm not willing to spend $35 for it, but it's just as good as the Stawbs in that era. Perhaps Strawbs are not as widely appreciated because they are only known for songs like "Part of the Union" --a track that Cousins hates. God, what an annoying song.

on a side note: Has anyone noticed Mikeals pronunciation of Halcyon...
It's "Hal-see-uhn", not "Halkin". To his credit, I've never heard the word.

Bought yesterday:
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Dio - Holy Diver (8 bucks!)

on the way in the mail:
Envy - Insomniac Doze
Tyr - Ragnarok
Tyr - Eric The Red
Tenhi - Maaaet
Andromeda - Chimera
My Dying Bride - 34.788% Complete
Vintersorg - Cosmic Genesis
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
The Haunted - Made Me Do It
Anathema - Alternative 4
Rapture - Songs For The Withering
Moonsorrow - Suden Uni
Mar De Grises - The Tatterdemalion Express
Vital Remains - Dechristianize
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future
White Willow - Storm Season
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Angel Dust - Enlighten The Darkness
Children Of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
Karjalan Sissit - Tanssit On Loppu Nyt
Sophia - Deconstruction Of The World
Sophia - Herbstwork
Invercauld - Tiamhaidah
Arkatu Eos - Mirrorion
Bad Sector - Plasma
Bad Sector - Ampos
Cisfinitum - V
Cyclotimia - Wasteland + Alpha Omega
Halo Manash - Par-Antra I: Vir
Inade - Colliding Dimensions 4CD Box Set
Inade - Samhadi State
Ovro - Gegendurchgangenzeit
Terra Sancta - Anno Domini
Toriodh - Europen Trilogy Box Set

Before any of you give me shit for some of the purchases, fuck you in your goat asses. I like to buy anything i ever liked at any point, for completist sake. meeeeemmmmoriieessss

What is the middle album? pretty cool cover...

It's Adrian Belew's Side Three. It is a great album, with a good balance of pop/experimental. Oh, and Robert Fripp guests on the track "water turns to wine" and plays an awesome flute/guitar solo.

in_absentia: I still have a long way to go in my building PT collection. Stars Die is a good introduction for me into older PT, and I am going to wait for the Lightbulb Sun 5.1 mix. Please let Fear of a Blank Planet be both normal CD and DVDA 5.1 mix when it is released.:)

in_absentia: I still have a long way to go in my building PT collection. Stars Die is a good introduction for me into older PT, and I am going to wait for the Lightbulb Sun 5.1 mix. Please let Fear of a Blank Planet be both normal CD and DVDA 5.1 mix when it is released.:)

What i also found as a good introduction to me was Up the Downstair, i haven't heard Stars Die, but you surely can't go wrong with any PT album. I don't usually buy those different mixes etc. i only buy the normal album. I think i have maybe 5 albums tops to go till my collection is complete? It's around that number :)

presents this weekend:
In Absentia - PT
Emissaries - Melechesh
Into the Grave - Grave
Antichrist Superstar - Marilyn Manson

When it came out, I played Antichrist Superstar over and over.... haven't listened to it in ages, though.

Just bought:

Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans
Ludicra - Another Great Love Song

Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans

Major :kickass: especially the first one!

well, thank ALL OF YOU then! you guys are talking about PT for so long now, that I listened to one of their songs awhile ago. then Whack gotten into it, and he bought In Absentia (all the other CDs were sold out, man:erk: ) as an early Valentine present! Isn't he the best?:kickass:

Haha what? We don't talk about PT that much do we?! :p... have you heard of a band called Opeth by any chance? ;)