What Natural Diaster have you been through???

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
With this diaster on the Gulf Coast we were talking last night about other Diasters... Have any of you been through one?

1989 Loma Preita Quake Rocked San Francisco during the World Series.. The Giants vs. the A's. I was Getting Gas at and Arco and gas was like .99 at the time.... everything went crazy..... we drove home and saw Kaos on the way.... Aroung 11 am i drove across this freeway at 5:04 pm it hit

main_018sr.jpeg

4_100.jpg

This car was fine after the quake then drove the other way on the bridge and didn't see fallen section.... Driver died and passenger lived

baybridge-01.jpg

No earthquake, no major flooding, only a storm that was the most extreme storm that we have ever experienced in Denmark, roofs got torn off and all that..... That´s extreme ´round here!
For me ít was pretty extreme, I was out on the final recruit training trip during that storm! It got a bit wild when trees started falling around us!!!

The worst that I was in was hurricane Gloria back in 85 or 86.we had no power or water for two weeks!! It was rough but we made it thru it.
we lost the garage & all the stuff that was in it & 3 trees fell on our house but didnt smash thru it.
The best thing to happen was Anthrax & Metal Church played at the sundance I think 2 days after the storm, that was a great show!!

i went up to wisconsin earlier august and bout the second day i was there the tornado siren went off real close to my hotel and it scared the shit out of my little cousins and shit..but nothing happened...but then later that night at about 1-2 it started fucking pouring and then stuff like chairs and shit was flying at the windows and the trees started swaying like shit...for a second i thought it was my time to carry on but after about four hours of watching outside carefully it stopped. That morning when i got up at about 8 it looked like hell everything was laying everywhere..i wish i still had the pictures for you guys but i didnt have a digital camera at the time.

Oh yeah and when i was about 8 my dad(may his great soul rest in peace) and mom took me to texas. One morning at about 7 my dad woke me and my family up and hes like get ready dont ask question just hurry up and get to the car. So about 5 minutes later we walked outside with him and the whole fucking place was covered in grass hoppers i mean seriously u couldnt even see the parking lot. Thats not really a natural disaster or anything but it was kind of weird and scary for me at the time.

Alright cheers,
Austin

I "survived" the blizzard of 1982 (I few feet of snow) and the blizzard of 2003 (a few more feet of snow).
I'm so glad I live in Colorado. No floods, no hurricanes, no tornados, and no earth quakes. The worst thing that ever happened to me because of a natural disaster was when they closed the store down where I work becuase of the snow. I missed out on a days pay. :yell:
Now, when Yellowstone erupts, we're ALL fucked.

97 flood in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Was out of my home for about three weeks due to evacuation. I didn't lose too much, besides a few weeks of pay. They canceled classes early and you could either keep your grades at the time or finish your assignments in the fall. I got some assistance from FEMA which covered my rent and a few other expenses.