What next?

Fourth Dimension for sure. Be careful with The Final Chapter, IMO its not a consistent effort, the self titled pleased me more.
If you are looking for blast check out Into the Abyss.

Wow, the general concensus is Fourth Dimension. I wasn't even really considering it at first (I was looking more at The Arrival, Into The Abyss, and self-titled) but I suppose I must amend that.

I'd go with The Arrival followed by Self-titled. Those two have a more "complete" feel and have more in common with the two albums you have. The Fourth Dimension has a couple of my favorite Hypocrisy songs, but many of the others are rather plain, and the album production is not too good. As it is older, it does not have the same types of songs you hear from the band in more recent years. (Abducted and onward) I think it's getting lots of recommendations b/c it's a *classic* and a must-own for serious Hypocrisy fans. The reason Hypocrisy fans differ greatly on the bands material is b/c there are many different "types" of songs, as you may have already figured out from the two albums you have. If you like what you've heard so far from the two you own, check out albums made after the abducted album, and if you decide you're a serious fan, get the older albums.

Its all a matter of personal opinion, try before you buy perhaps, but I'm sticking with their older material.

Metal88 said:
I'd go with The Arrival followed by Self-titled. Those two have a more "complete" feel and have more in common with the two albums you have. The Fourth Dimension has a couple of my favorite Hypocrisy songs, but many of the others are rather plain, and the album production is not too good. As it is older, it does not have the same types of songs you hear from the band in more recent years. (Abducted and onward) I think it's getting lots of recommendations b/c it's a *classic* and a must-own for serious Hypocrisy fans. The reason Hypocrisy fans differ greatly on the bands material is b/c there are many different "types" of songs, as you may have already figured out from the two albums you have. If you like what you've heard so far from the two you own, check out albums made after the abducted album, and if you decide you're a serious fan, get the older albums.

Fuck, I got the Fourth Dimesion before I read this (or before you posted it). I see exactly what you mean. I like the doomy parts, though. The generic thrashy parts, not so much.

If you want an awesome vocal performance all around, you should also get Destroys Wacken, for being live it's fuckin awesome and Peter is kicking major ass.