What Opeth Album Should I Get Next?

JackLopezZavala

New Metal Member
Aug 14, 2009
I have Watershed only so far, and have decided I want to get 2 more Opeth albums. I know I wanna get Still Life for sure, but for the other one, I can't choose between Damnation and Ghost Reveries...Which is the the better album, in your opinion? Thanks for the help.

Yes. My best advice would be to buy them all, but start with Ghost Reveries, or if you like calm stuff then take Damnation. Hours of Wealth, which is on Ghost Reveries, could have been on it in my opinion. You'll see (hear).

I can't choose between Damnation and Ghost Reveries...Which is the the better album, in your opinion?

Better? these are two different albums with different vibes, thus you can't compare them. One is mellow with 70s rock influences and the other is heavier and darker i think. Get either Ghost Reveries or one of the two first albums to see the progression of their work over their career :headbang:

I'd get Still Life and Damnation. those are my two next. I also only have Watershed. I'll get BWP after those.

Get Ghost Reveries and Blackwater Park.

Ghost Reveries and Deliverance if you won't budge from your preset selection.

Start with Still Life

then go to Ghost reveries

then My arms your hearse

then Blackwater Park

then Deliverance

then Orchid

then Morningrise

then damnation.

IMO

In fact, return that copy of Watershed so you can get it last and say you only got it to finish the collection. It's what a tr00 fan would do.