What Peter said about Damnation in the new BW&BK

I dunno what to think about the news of Damnation..I hope it's not just mindless radio drivel..I hope it holds the magic of songs like Benighted...Soemthing personal, and intimate but acoustic and dark..Not some clasic rock inspired Pearl Jam Matchbox 20 crap..Hails..-l-

i'm pretty sure this album will be better than deliverance...finally they will make something really different.

oh please guys...10 songs! 8 is not enough...

: o )

I think it was a horrible decision (stylistically, not financially of course) to release these separately. Damnation will be such a departure that it really skews the Opeth catalog. Imagine a newbie trying to pick his first Opeth album and choosing Damnation. At any rate, I like his description if they have to do a soft album. :p Sorskogen for sure.

i'm getting the impression that this is going to sound something like sorskogen, only a with a darker atmosphere, which i can say i'm definately looking forward to.

With what Lina said, at least they aren't pulling an Ulver or something. This should be interesting, I just don't like the Led Zeppelin comparison.

Too many of you people don't have enough faith in Opeth, I mean, before Deliverence came out so many were claiming Opeth were going to come out with a more generic, accessible Blackwater Park.....but than they come out with one of their heaviest albums to date! Just have faith...

I'm like fucking dying to hear that album, if it doesn't leak really very soon, they will have to come over to play it live. I need more opeth!!!!!

btw. 70's prog and led zeppelin sounds pretty cool to me. Especially when mixed with opeth's dark melancholy

Originally posted by Morningrise
With what Lina said, at least they aren't pulling an Ulver or something. This should be interesting, I just don't like the Led Zeppelin comparison.

whats wrong with "pulling an ulver"? I like new ulver... and some bands totally change over time... I probably wouldnt mind that much if mikael never let out a death growl with opeth again.