What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

It really does suck. Those CD's look and sound really nice but if proper people were not contacted (the band and the label) I will not be putting my money into this. It discourages proper reissue labels.

Just to clarify on certain issues as far as reissue labels go. When I license materials from a label like Century Media I am under no obligation to contact the band. I license from the rights holder and can put out the CD as such. I contact the band to see if they wish to participate if I so choose.

For instance look at a label like Wounded Bird who we have discussed on here. No contact with the bands, just the label licensing from.

However, I am not justifying any other label's behavior by stating this.

Well, the Wargasm says official license from Sony, not Profile. Maybe they licensed from thier Japanese label, or something? Who knows...

Could be but the lack of info/website is not really something to ignore. Doing a Google search on those guys reveals almost nothing and there is no way to be sure if this is a legit operation. Plus it seems dubious they released Nuclear Assault's "Survive".

Well, the Wargasm says official license from Sony, not Profile. Maybe they licensed from thier Japanese label, or something? Who knows...

Sony owns the Profile catalog. Profile was owned (or distributed) by Arista and somewhere along the line of major labels swallowing each other they have them now.

I had to learn all this nonsense being a buyer in a record store for 15 years when titles would go in and out of print and customers would be confused.

Could be but the lack of info/website is not really something to ignore. Doing a Google search on those guys reveals almost nothing and there is no way to be sure if this is a legit operation. Plus it seems dubious they released Nuclear Assault's "Survive".

Could be. my emails are not getting answered at the moment.

but look at a label like Noble Rot. no website, but those Wasted Youth and Cirith Ungol (both of which I own) seem to be legit, but maybe i am behind on my info.

Could be. my emails are not getting answered at the moment.

but look at a label like Noble Rot. no website, but those Wasted Youth and Cirith Ungol (both of which I own) seem to be legit, but maybe i am behind on my info.

Sorry to ask but is there an email we might send some questions to? I would buy all of these reissues ASAP if I knew they were not bootlegs. These are limited editions so that knowledge should be out there.

Energy is a band from Dusseldorf, Germany . It's comprised of mebers from Warlock, Stormwind and German Forced Entry. They recorded in total 12 songs, on three demos (1988-1991). Killer metal. This should be released

Members
Harry Amthor(Vo : Ex-Forced Entry),Peter Szigeti (G : Ex-Warlock - UDO),Rudy Kronenberger(G : Ex-Stormwind),Frank Rittel(B : Ex-Warlock - UDO) and Olly Kliem(Ds : Ex-Stormwind).

[youtube]sXo7:rofl:YXQxc&list=UU-DPvgG8X6ZvLnzG0LCB5yw[/youtube]

I have contacted Peter about the idea of reissuing the demos. He wrote back once, but maybe I can get a dialogue started with him and make this happen!

I have tried locating these guys, the tracks I think you posted in another thread were awesome!

Was this ever on CD?
If anyone has any contact info please send it to me.

Yes, both CD and LP version by Shark Records (see Discogs).

Tried to look for them, I think I was lucky: not only I've found the Facebook profiles (looking at infos, pictures, locations, ecc. looks like they are who you're looking for), but also a Soundcloud profile with all their material uploaded, album and demos. I don't know if you can contact people there.
Plus, between the fans there's a guy called "Morrizz", nowadays a DJ, that should be Maurice Oudhof (guitar).

Here you are the Facebook profiles, you could ask there by private message:

Marc Fien (drummer)

Geert Kerssies (guitar)

Rene Bronwasser (bass)

Maurice Oudhof (guitar)

Sorry to ask but is there an email we might send some questions to? I would buy all of these reissues ASAP if I knew they were not bootlegs. These are limited editions so that knowledge should be out there.

It seems from posts on their facebook pag, the Wargasm guy are ok with the reissue.

I have contacted Peter about the idea of reissuing the demos. He wrote back once, but maybe I can get a dialogue started with him and make this happen!

That's great news. Please, continue talking to him. There's a lot of unreleased killer metal out there.

It seems from posts on their facebook pag, the Wargasm guy are ok with the reissue.

This is one strange post from them:

Well... we're happy to finally be able to say this: Wargasm's 'Why Play Around?' is finally available on CD again. Raising Hell records has just released a remastered version in a limited run of 666 copies. As you can in these pics, the packaging is pretty awesome, when compared to the original 1988 version... and the remaster job sounds great and is much LOUDER than the 1988 version.

This re-release is as much a surprise to us as it is to you, but the bottom line is: Our debut release is available again, and it sounds and looks great. We're guessing the available copies will go fast...

Sounds like they're just happy the music is available even if they're not getting a cut. I would buy one, but they're a bit pricy, so I'll hold off in hopes that they're interested in a more legitimate reissue.

Tried to look for them, I think I was lucky: not only I've found the Facebook profiles (looking at infos, pictures, locations, ecc. looks like they are who you're looking for), but also a Soundcloud profile with all their material uploaded, album and demos. I don't know if you can contact people there.
Plus, between the fans there's a guy called "Morrizz", nowadays a DJ, that should be Maurice Oudhof (guitar).

Marc Fien (drummer)

Geert Kerssies (guitar)

Rene Bronwasser (bass)

Maurice Oudhof (guitar)

SO AWESOME! I will contact them asap!!

Marc Fien (drummer)

Geert Kerssies (guitar)

Rene Bronwasser (bass)

Maurice Oudhof (guitar)

Geert has opened a dialogue today. We shall see what happens. THANK YOU for locating them.

I remembered a hardcore punk release I would LOVE to see released: the sole album of Corpus Vile. Some of the best vicious hardcore punk (with metal flourishes!) I have ever seen!

I remembered a hardcore punk release I would LOVE to see released: the sole album of Corpus Vile. Some of the best vicious hardcore punk (with metal flourishes!) I have ever seen!

I had their "what does it take" cassette, not sure what happened to it. I'd love to hear that again. Another cool Canadian punk/hardcore album is "Burn!" by a band called Hype. I still have that cassette. Both were on the Fringe label I think. Not sure if either were ever pressed on cd.

How about Lord Crucifier-The Focus Of Life lp with demos? And Wasted-Halloween The Night Of lp...

It's probably in label hot-potato hell, but a dream for me would be a reissue of Ripping Corpse's Dreaming with the Dead including "Exhumation Day," which was cut from the album, the three-song EP that followed, and whatever can be salvaged from the unfinished second album. They wouldn't even have to put vocals on it - it's THAT awesome instrumentally!