What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Not really a reissue, but how about Mercenary(US, CA.) demos? Sven Soderlund is on Facebook. Would be killer!!!

Hi Matt!!
I think some more excellent reissues would be:

NECROTIC MUTATION CD, including
Necrotic Mutation (1999) - 17:20
The Realm of Human Illusions (1995) - 24:51
Sepulchre of the Suffering (1993) - 14:37
Advanced Tape '92 (1992)- 16:08
Total playing: 72:56

HEXX CD, including
Quest For Sanity (1988) - 21:25
Watery Graves (1990) - 11:23
Help Your Self Demo (1987) - 22:46
Demo (1984) - 17:00
Total Playing: 72:34

DISEMBARKATION CD, including
Rancorous Observision (2000) - 31:25
Effusion of Reality demo(1996) - 24:53
Total Playing: 56:18

Would love a Divebomb version of this:

1303017405_500.jpg

I was just on Metal-Archives and really surprised to see that Invocator's debut hasn't received a CD reissue (at least, not that I could see). I know it was discussed in this thread a few years ago, but anyone know anything about this album? Are the members not up for it? Or they can't be tracked down?

I was just on Metal-Archives and really surprised to see that Invocator's debut hasn't received a CD reissue (at least, not that I could see). I know it was discussed in this thread a few years ago, but anyone know anything about this album? Are the members not up for it? Or they can't be tracked down?

It is because it is on Black Mark. BM doesn't license any of it's recordings out for reissues. I reached out to them several months ago and got a polite response back telling me about "no licensing", which I was told doesn't happen ever. I approached them about licensing several titles for a death metal reissue campaign idea I had.

It is because it is on Black Mark. BM doesn't license any of it's recordings out for reissues. I reached out to them several months ago and got a polite response back telling me about "no licensing", which I was told doesn't happen ever. I approached them about licensing several titles for a death metal reissue campaign idea I had.

Seems like a really strange business approach: sit on old records that will never earn another cent, or license them out and make a bit of money (and more importantly: make a lot of people happy).

Also, unrelated but since I'm in here: My Dark Descent order just arrived today with your Poltergeist reissue and I wanted to ask about the track listing: Metal-Archives lists the song "Never Again" as being on the release, but it doesn't look like it's on the album. Was this song not able to be on the reissue, or is MA's info from the original wrong?

Seems like a really strange business approach: sit on old records that will never earn another cent, or license them out and make a bit of money (and more importantly: make a lot of people happy).

Also, unrelated but since I'm in here: My Dark Descent order just arrived today with your Poltergeist reissue and I wanted to ask about the track listing: Metal-Archives lists the song "Never Again" as being on the release, but it doesn't look like it's on the album. Was this song not able to be on the reissue, or is MA's info from the original wrong?

Never Again was omitted because the band refused to put it on the reissue because they absolutely hate the song. The song isn't that good and I actually had no problem with it being left off. If you get a chance to listen to it, you will agree. V.O. didn't even send me the remastered track. It is omitted on their digital versions as well. They want it erased from their past.

As far as Black Mark goes I heard they got burned in the past by a few labels when licensing so they just said no more licensing. I agree, it is a waste of solid back catalog. I sent them email knowing what the answer would be, but I figured I would try. Now some bands apparently have their rights back because I saw A.R.G. was reissued by Spinefarm. I was going specifically for the SEANCE and FLESHCRAWL albums and would have done more if given the chance. I even suggested a partnership in which I reissue their stuff or help put reissues together for US distribution. But they still said no.

Last edited:
I have spoken to Mike about it, but he says it's up to the other guys and they are just far too busy with Satan right now it would seem because all my messages go unanswered. The other issue is Mike is unsure if SPV still retains the master rights.
I have spoken to Mike about it, but he says it's up to the other guys and they are just far too busy with Satan right now it would seem because all my messages go unanswered. The other issue is Mike is unsure if SPV still retains the master rights.

How about Concete Jungle - Wear and Tear?
Very catchy songs, produced by Max Norman, mega rare.. Had the LP at one point, lost during several moves. Have downloaded a low quality file. Songs have stood the test of time.

QUOTE="Jackson Warrior, post: 11232862, member: 157454"][/QUOTE]

I wish the demos by Atlanta thrashers Ghost Story could get slapped onto a CD. Obscure as all hell but solid songs with good sound (and killer artwork). I have no idea how many people have even heard of them, though. I had (and have) the good fortune of living within transmission distance of GA Tech's WREK, which has had a weekly extreme metal show running since the mid 80's, so I got turned onto them early. I just never sought out any of their tapes when I actually had a tape player. Curses!

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ghost_Story/24435

There was also a Nihilist from around here, but I can find next to nothing of theirs on YT. They had a few demos -- a kind of Floridian DM sound to their stuff.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nihilist/39493

This sudden autumn weather is making me nostalgic.

Reactions: CiG and otcmetal
I'd love to see the Ghost Story demos released too. They were a really, really killer band. One of the former members(Chris Cauble?) was still selling original tales on eBay. I spoke with him maybe a year or two ago, and he said he was planning to release them. But, who knows. Maybe if someone got in touch with them, it could "help" things along...lol.

It may be just my personal hate for digipacks but I would love to see the first Deathwish (UK) album reissued in a proper jewelcase with possible the tracks from the "Sword of Justice" demo tackled on. Divebomb would be perfect for this - you have done a great job with "Demon Preacher".