What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

I think CORONER, VOIVOD, MORDRED, and the other three DEATHROW albums would be a good start. Then the debut WATCHTOWER album ENERGETIC DISASSEMBLY...Many of the NOISE INTERNATIONAL titles are out of circulation since SANCTUARY was acquired by UNIVERSAL.

BMG actually acquired Sanctuary Music and all it's master rights from Universal when the courts determined Universal had a monopoly or something of that nature. Universal was forced to sell off some of it's assets.

I am currently working on a reissue of the 4th Deathrow album, the one NOT on Noise Records.

I am a fan of Sound Barrier's "Speed of Light" and MX Machine's "Manic Panic," but they never ended up with CD releases.

I have to assume metal blade records lost the master recordings for each of these since I believe both were MB releases.
I read that the masters don't exist anymore for the Sound barrier stuff. not sure how true it is...I read it online.

What about the first 2 David Chastain releases? Have they been reissued?

do you mean his solo albums or the first two CHASTAIN albums? if first two CHASTAIN albums, Shrapnel already reissued them. As far as his solo stuff I know he reissued Instrumental Variations because I bought a copy from him. Within The Heat, might be out of print however.

What about Meanstreak post albums 88-92 demos and Jaded Lady 85-88 demos? Is there a chance for these to be released properly? I think it's quality material from both bands.

You are talking about Meanstreak the female band I assume? Look into that years ago but never got any reply from them. Oh there was also a second album that was never released.
As for Jaded Lady; I have been looking for those ladies for and have been trying to get onto that and Leather Angel. Since last year I have FINALLY been in talks with them about about Leather Angel and Jaded Lady, although it id taking a while.

Deathrider - Requim

55180.jpg

Matt dude, I know, but please keep trying!

You are talking about Meanstreak the female band I assume? Look into that years ago but never got any reply from them. Oh there was also a second album that was never released.
As for Jaded Lady; I have been looking for those ladies for and have been trying to get onto that and Leather Angel. Since last year I have FINALLY been in talks with them about about Leather Angel and Jaded Lady, although it id taking a while.

Yes, I was thinking about girls' band. I didn't know about second release. It would be so great if it could get in fruition. Post album demo has quality songs. You could try through Dream Theater e mails, maybe?

Great news about Jaded Lady, excellent band that was. Shame no one was interested at the time. Labels' executives probably were looking for another Heart or Vixen. Thanks for trying.

Last edited:
This is it. What albums do you think need to get a proper reissue? List 'em here. Maybe we can already tell you about status of some of them as we have reached out to tons of bands already and not all have responded favorably to a reissue, unfortunately.

For me it's the following:
1. GREAT KING RAT - Great King Rat
2. DR. KNOW - Wreckage In The Flesh
3. WARGASM - Why Play Around?
4. HITTMAN - Hittman
5. SHOK PARIS - Steel & Starlight
plus many, many, many more.

Definitely Hittman with the demo (absolutely shocked they never put "Live for Tomorrow" on a CD. Wasn't there also a 3rd CD that was recorded but has never seen the light of day? I grew up on Long Island and was fortunate to see Hittman a few times. The first time I saw Hittman was before they were signed ans opening for Stryper (probably Stryper's first NY appearance, and yes, they did throw out copies of the Bible to the audience).

Definitely Hittman with the demo (absolutely shocked they never put "Live for Tomorrow" on a CD. Wasn't there also a 3rd CD that was recorded but has never seen the light of day? I grew up on Long Island and was fortunate to see Hittman a few times. The first time I saw Hittman was before they were signed ans opening for Stryper (probably Stryper's first NY appearance, and yes, they did throw out copies of the Bible to the audience).

Yes, there is apparently sessions for an album recorded between the debut and Vivas. I have stopped asking Dirk about a reissue because he no longer responds and I am pretty sure I started in 2008/9 bugging him. So there is no point as his interest in the idea seems to not be there.

BMG actually acquired Sanctuary Music and all it's master rights from Universal when the courts determined Universal had a monopoly or something of that nature. Universal was forced to sell off some of it's assets.

I am currently working on a reissue of the 4th Deathrow album, the one NOT on Noise Records.

Any shot of doing the Satan/Pariah SPV discs? I disliked Michael Jackson as a singer, but have come to appreciate the songs. unfortunately, Roy Rowland productions haven't aged well (Kreator, Laaz Rockit are prime examples too). Original CD's sounds flat as a pancake and could really use a fresh remaster.

Any shot of doing the Satan/Pariah SPV discs? I disliked Michael Jackson as a singer, but have come to appreciate the songs. unfortunately, Roy Rowland productions haven't aged well (Kreator, Laaz Rockit are prime examples too). Original CD's sounds flat as a pancake and could really use a fresh remaster.

I have spoken to Mike about it, but he says it's up to the other guys and they are just far too busy with Satan right now it would seem because all my messages go unanswered. The other issue is Mike is unsure if SPV still retains the master rights.