What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Lots of posts ago I mentioned some hardcore punk to be re-released on Divebomb. Would be awesome to see some of this stuff done and I think easier to deal with as far as bands/labels go. For example some stuff to consider:

1. Septic Death - Discography CD/2xCD - these guys are legends of grimy, spooky, evil hardcore and their stuff is way out of print. Would make for a great reissue.
2. Sacred Denial - Awesome hardcore/punk rippers for NJ. Their last album is a great piece of crossover/thrash but their earlier stuff also totally rips!
3. Corpus Vile - "What Does It Take" - awesome GHB/Cro-Mags/early C.O.C. styled hardcore.
4. The Boneless Ones - Skate For The Devil - great skatepunk/crossover/punkmetal. Battalion of Saints-style. Cannot go wrong with one.

Septoc d
eath stuff would be neat, I have not heard them in many years. Not sure how much I would listen to it now that I'm 40 and have not been 15 for some time now, still it would be cool to have it again.

Lots of posts ago I mentioned some hardcore punk to be re-released on Divebomb. Would be awesome to see some of this stuff done and I think easier to deal with as far as bands/labels go. For example some stuff to consider:

1. Septic Death - Discography CD/2xCD - these guys are legends of grimy, spooky, evil hardcore and their stuff is way out of print. Would make for a great reissue.
2. Sacred Denial - Awesome hardcore/punk rippers for NJ. Their last album is a great piece of crossover/thrash but their earlier stuff also totally rips!
3. Corpus Vile - "What Does It Take" - awesome GHB/Cro-Mags/early C.O.C. styled hardcore.
4. The Boneless Ones - Skate For The Devil - great skatepunk/crossover/punkmetal. Battalion of Saints-style. Cannot go wrong with one.

I tried messaging Pushead about the Septic Death, but go no response. They reissued it all themselves about a decade ago I think.

I used to have the first Sacred Denial on some format back in high school, been 20 years since I have thought about them. haha.

I will check out the others for sure.

Angel Dust Into the dark past will finally be reissued as a 30th anniversary CD with the first demo. It will be issued on the Under fire label in January 2016.

Blower records releases are terrible sounding, some were bad vinyl rips and some were mp3's, like 1st Restless. Under Fire is just continuation of this label. Shame if they destroy Angel Dust :(

Blower records releases are terrible sounding, some were bad vinyl rips and some were mp3's, like 1st Restless. Under Fire is just continuation of this label. Shame if they destroy Angel Dust :(

It should be pretty hard to mess that one up since there is a CD bootleg out there that they can source their audio from if the band doesn't give them something better.

It should be pretty hard to mess that one up since there is a CD bootleg out there that they can source their audio from if the band doesn't give them something better.

I wouldn't mind good vinyl rip. If it's done properly from the new record sound can be killer

Hands down this is one of the most unique and best unknown hard rock/proto metal albums EVER! Rush meets Cirith Ungol.
I seriously doubt you will ever see this reissued, well certainly not an official release. Many labels want this. I tried several years ago and ran into Jesus being one of the road blocks. Seems with one of the three members being deceased the other two aren't interested. And one of the them told me directly "this would not do anything for Jesus", so I guess that was that.
I know of two CD bootlegs floating out there. The, what I assume is the better of the two I have never seen, it is supposedly in a hardback digibook like the Coven Italian boot of 'Witchcraft Destroys Minds' (which is so much better than the shitty release jinx put out herself).
I have also seen a boot vinyl release of it.
Sadly there doesn't seem to be any perfect master sources. Whatever one can get I would advise going with.
This album was/is brilliant and for it's time their was certainly no beating it. A lot of albums are talked about here and other places were reissues are concerned, in my humble opinion Legend 'From the Fjords' would be the holy grail.

Reactions: CiG
Hands down this is one of the most unique and best unknown hard rock/proto metal albums EVER! Rush meets Cirith Ungol.
I seriously doubt you will ever see this reissued, well certainly not an official release. Many labels want this. I tried several years ago and ran into Jesus being one of the road blocks. Seems with one of the three members being deceased the other two aren't interested. And one of the them told me directly "this would not do anything for Jesus", so I guess that was that.
I know of two CD bootlegs floating out there. The, what I assume is the better of the two I have never seen, it is supposedly in a hardback digibook like the Coven Italian boot of 'Witchcraft Destroys Minds' (which is so much better than the shitty release jinx put out herself).
I have also seen a boot vinyl release of it.
Sadly there doesn't seem to be any perfect master sources. Whatever one can get I would advise going with.
This album was/is brilliant and for it's time their was certainly no beating it. A lot of albums are talked about here and other places were reissues are concerned, in my humble opinion Legend 'From the Fjords' would be the holy grail.

Really glad to see that someone agrees with me on this. It's an absolute masterpiece, I myself went to extra effort to bootleg myself a copy by downloading the best mix I could find, dubbing it to a cassette tape and then printing and cutting out the cover art and folding it into a j-card for the cassette case.
I really love this album, I feel weird about putting albums I don't own in my top 10 but this one had to be an exception.

I have daydreamed so many times about Shadow Kingdom Records doing a beautiful reissue job. Maybe when the remaining members pass on it will be a possibility. So sad it has to come to that though.

Jerry mentioned Cirith Ungol and that reminds me. I think I saw some time ago that Greek label would release Cirith Ungol unreleased album, recording after Paradise Lost. Now, I Can't find that info. Is there such a recording or I imagining things?

it has been a long running rumor that there was another album.i have mostly heard of an ep but it think it is only a rumor.
Back in April Sonic Age records announced the release of a Cirith Ungol CD that included this ep and other stuff but it was an April fools day joke.
But if any thing does exist I'm sure every metal label wants it. I know I do

[QUthink TribunalRecords, post: 10442231, member: 80539"]This is it. What albums do you think need to get a proper reissue? List 'em here. Maybe we can already tell you about status of some of them as we have reached out to tons of bands already and not all have responded favorably to a reissue, unfortunately.

For me it's the following:
1. GREAT KING RAT - Great King Rat
2. DR. KNOW - Wreckage In The Flesh
3. WARGASM - Why Play Around?
4. HITTMAN - Hittman
This is it. What albums do you think need to get a proper reissue? List 'em here. Maybe we can already tell you about status of some of them as we have reached out to tons of bands already and not all have responded favorably to a reissue, unfortunately.

For me it's the following:
1. GREAT KING RAT - Great King Rat
2. DR. KNOW - Wreckage In The Flesh
3. WARGASM - Why Play Around?
4. HITTMAN - Hittman
5. SHOK PARIS - Steel & Starlight
plus many, many, many more.

5. SHOK PARIS - Steel & Starlight
plus many, many, many more.[/QUOTE]

I think CORONER, VOIVOD, MORDRED, and the other three DEATHROW albums. Would be a good start. Then the debut WATCHTOWER album ENERGETIC DISASSEMBLY

I think CORONER, VOIVOD, MORDRED, and the other three DEATHROW albums would be a good start. Then the debut WATCHTOWER album ENERGETIC DISASSEMBLY...Many of the NOISE INTERNATIONAL titles are out of circulation since SANCTUARY was acquired by UNIVERSAL.

Reactions: CiG