What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

I would like to see some NWOBHM on Divebomb. Some old Ebony bands like
Blade Runner hunted
Blade Runner Warriors of rock
Cobra warriors of the dead
Cobra Back from the dead

Only cheap Greek bootlegs exist we need official divebomb releases.

I would like to see some NWOBHM on Divebomb. Some old Ebony bands like
Blade Runner hunted
Blade Runner Warriors of rock
Cobra warriors of the dead
Cobra Back from the dead

Only cheap Greek bootlegs exist we need official divebomb releases.

Again, these things all depend on finding band members and seeing if they are on board. Bootleggers have it easy, because they don't need any permissions. haha. Also issue with Ebony stuff is there is usually no masters. Pretty sure only Grim Reaper made it to CD format for them. Maybe another few, but not all.

Cutthroat has been released by Retrospect rec. as Atomik Cocktail on cd and Hades Paradise on vinyl (as Cutthroat).

If bands aren't interested cd's should be released regardless even as a bootlegs. I mean, they are in public domain so band's shouldn't have total claim on them. Look these people of Thynn Ice They don't want cd out. I don't understand it. In cases like this one cd should be bootlegged

Cutthroat has been released by Retrospect rec. as Atomik Cocktail on cd and Hades Paradise on vinyl (as Cutthroat).

If bands aren't interested cd's should be released regardless even as a bootlegs. I mean, they are in public domain so band's shouldn't have total claim on them. Look these people of Thynn Ice They don't want cd out. I don't understand it. In cases like this one cd should be bootlegged

I agree and disagree. If the bands have the rights and they don't want it released that is their call, but then bootleggers will do their part.

If I was the band I would want to at least control the creative aspect of it being available instead of bootleggers just replicating their original release. Update it a bit or something. Correct all the things I am sure that went wrong the first time around, because something always does. haha.

I'm in total agreeance with Matt on this.
Interesting to hear from someone who is not such a boot snob, personally I don't get the stance of those guys. Besides without boots a lot of the bands we know we would not know or have any recordings of- well that is going to go off into a whole new topic. HAHA
I try to contact Thynn Ice several times over the past five years and never received a reply from anyone.

Like the previous poster said, it would be good if the Cobra albums on Ebony records were reissued. Another ebony release which I would love to see reissued is the Blackmayne self titled album. Really hard to get hold of. But unfortunately like has been said it may be hard to get hold of masters for ebony releases :( I know the bass player for Blackmayne Julian Sackett is active on youtube and is on facebook if that would help any.

Like the previous poster said, it would be good if the Cobra albums on Ebony records were reissued. Another ebony release which I would love to see reissued is the Blackmayne self titled album. Really hard to get hold of. But unfortunately like has been said it may be hard to get hold of masters for ebony releases :( I know the bass player for Blackmayne Julian Sackett is active on youtube and is on facebook if that would help any.

It might help, only if he or someone in the band has copy of the masters. But finding someone in the band is always the first step. \m/

I mean, they are in public domain so band's shouldn't have total claim on them.

Jeremy's post illuminated the fact that I didn't comment on this before.

No sound recordings or music publishing is considered public domain unless it's like 50+ years old and that varies country to country, but it is a long time in most instances. Classical pieces are public domain, in that anyone can record them without owing publishing, however, the specific recordings of those works in modern times are owned by their respective record labels. So not technically in the public domain 100%.

Just because music is floating around the internet for free on blogspots doesn't mean the public owns them, it simply means the public is violating the artist and labels copyrights. It is illegal.

Yes, but internet helped to all these old these bands, even some admit that. Otherwise who would care for these bands from the 80's. And even you (plural), who release or re-release demos ,had not been for the internet you wouldn't hear half of it. Sitting on copyrights for whatever reason is not right. Bands exist for fans and it's not other way around.

Yes, but internet helped to all these old these bands, even some admit that. Otherwise who would care for these bands from the 80's. And even you (plural), who release or re-release demos ,had not been for the internet you wouldn't hear half of it. Sitting on copyrights for whatever reason is not right. Bands exist for fans and it's not other way around.

I agree, but what a band wants to do with their music is their business. I have tried to work with plenty of bands who are content letting their music be shared across the internet and have zero interest in reissuing anything. That is their call to make. There is no point trying to work on a project with a band who doesn't care, it is hard enough working on projects with bands who say they DO CARE but take 4-6 months to answer an interview or send me pictures for the booklets. haha.

More doom than Divebomb typically goes for, but this is one I'd like to see with an official release:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYyMX-pHEI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYyMX-pHEI[/ame]

I don't get what this has to do with anything.

I wanted to point out that times have changed and that now it's fairly easier to listen/release music of unknown/less known bands than in it was in the 80's thanks to internet.

I wanted to point out that times have changed and that now it's fairly easier to listen/release music of unknown/less known bands than in it was in the 80's thanks to internet.

I would have to disagree with the internet makes it easier to release music. The internet and technology has actually allowed an over saturation of the marketplace. I have been a label since 1999 and have gone from doing this without a website (pre-internet domination) and relying on mailorder companies to help distribute my releases to, over time, getting my first site (starting on angelfire.com), facebook, estore, etc. It is much more difficult now, and costly, to get information out there to potential customers about my releases.

Yes, internet has made access to anything we want to find pretty easy, but target marketing to specific customers has become infinitely more difficult.

"the problem with the music industry is to many independent record labels", ironically the person who made that dumbass comment would never have been on an album if it weren't for indie labels. HAHA
Damn that internet for making things easy.
Anyway I think what pepel is saying is that bands are easier to discover for the labels, not that they are easier to release, or that they would sell easily on the internet.

Not sure if these have been mentioned...
Lord Bane - Age Of Elegance (Would be stunning with proper sound!!)
Mystic Force - All (I'm sure Menser could if he was interested though, right??)
Parish - Envision

Not sure if these have been mentioned...
Lord Bane - Age Of Elegance (Would be stunning with proper sound!!)
Mystic Force - All (I'm sure Menser could if he was interested though, right??)
Parish - Envision

Lord Bane = never going to happen, was told from a solid source.

Mystic Force = I tried back in 2008. I still message Keith occasionally asking to partner up to reissue stuff and I get zero responses. I also message him to carry some copies of Digital Ruin and his Mystic Force cd reissue he did and I still get no response.

"the problem with the music industry is to many independent record labels", ironically the person who made that dumbass comment would never have been on an album if it weren't for indie labels. HAHA
Damn that internet for making things easy.
Anyway I think what pepel is saying is that bands are easier to discover for the labels, not that they are easier to release, or that they would sell easily on the internet.

I guess that person doesn't realize that major labels release barely any metal these days. Everything coming out is pretty much on an indie label. Nuclear Blast, Century Media (For the time being) all indie labels.

Roadrunner is biggest to get gobbled up by a major and look what that did to their back catalog. All gone! No licensing to be seen in the future either.

Without indie labels you have nobody who truly cares about the genre, doing anything to keep it moving forward.