What releases are u looking for this year?

Axl Rose says Chinese Democracy will definetly be released this year!

Of cours he did say that last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that....

and the year before that.

To clarify that Slayer is possibly working on a new album... they didn't tour this year. That can only mean one of two things:

1. New album?
2. Really damn lazy?

Kerry King kinda lagged on the solos in God Hates Us All... let's hope he comes up with something in the new album... if there is any.

(btw... Gwar hosted the Jagermeister tour this year I think, instead of Slayer... I could be wrong though)

Oh yeah... Devin Townsend's Synchestra. I got to hear Gaia off of his Myspace page. Sounds pretty killer, perhaps the lighter side to the Alien album.

R0l0 said:
Blackfield.
new blackfield?!?

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime 2 (although this has a lot of potential to suck)
Metallica (It's do or die for these guys too. Last chance)
Voyager has a new one?!
Symphony X
Vanden Plas - Christ 0
Theocracy
Devin Townsend
Negura Bunget
Peter Gabriel - I/O
Second Sky
Another Life
Sylvan - Posthumous Silence
Nightingale - White Darkness
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Tool
Agalloch
Anathema
Orphaned Land

:hotjump: i cant wait for the new necrophagist. Its been rumored that there will be acoustic riffs, and Muhammed has also suggested the possibility of introducing the new 7 strings :hotjump:

When i read everybodys answers i realize that i actually looking forward to many more albums.

Psycroptic
Nightingale (of course)
Necrophagist
Bloodbath (maybe a late year release?)
Bloodbath DVD (damn...longing)
Dawn (maybe...)

I guess 2006 will be a pretty decent year after all :)

porcupine_wolfff said:
Disillusion
Tool
Katatonia
hopefully Jethro Tull and GY!BE
Pink Floyd DVD
and I think I'll risk an ear on new In Flames

i love the new inflames. i've heard come clarity and i really like it. i don't know why everyone is bagging out the new stuff. and don't worry, i love the old stuff too.

there is nothing i'm really looking forward too. i wouldn't mind some new metallica- for me its make or break too. after being in the club for 2 years and being severely let down by st. shit i really hope they pull some real, well written, music out of their asses like they used to.
i could do with new dream theater, maiden, and of course more opeth.

Tool's new album will be amazing.
Metallica (if it comes out this year) hopefully it doesn't suck ass.
Katatonia
Peral Jam
Orphaned Land
And I'd say Devin Townsend but I already have it ;)

Chinese democracy has had so much hype i bet itll geta 0/10 in reviews when/if it comes out.
man i cant wait for the new agalloch!! its cool that im not the only one, i hope they get strong sales and reviews

Tool (?)
Sadus (Out for Blood)
Katatonia (The Great Cold Distance)
Mayhem (Ordo Ab Chao)
Darkthrone (The Cult is Alive)
Metallica (do or die) (?)
Megadeth (?)
Devin Townsend Band (Synchestra)
In Flames (Come Clarity)
maybe new SYL
Queensryche (Operation: Mindcrime II)
Symphony X (?)
Cannibal Corpse (Kill)
Porcupine Tree (Stupid Dream rerelease and the new DVD)

uhh...can't think of any others :eek:

I got the acoustic Green Carnation album, but I want to check out their metal too :( What's their best metal album?

In 2006, I am looking forward to the new Dog Fashion Disco album, and new Tool.