What scale or Mood does In Flames uses?

Minhaz

New Metal Member
May 9, 2009
What scale or Mode does In Flames uses.....Like Only for the weak, Trigger, Colony, The hive, Moonshield, etc.

Thank U....

I've been an inflames fan since I heard the Jester Race sometime in 1995, and have played along with Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony and Clayman countless times.

Almost everything they do on those albums is simply the natural minor (aeolian) scale. Most of the harmonies are on the major scale three frets up from the root note of the minor scale.

The only trick is, they tune down to open C (C-F-B♭-E♭-G-C - everything 2 steps below normal EAGDBE tuning). This is no problem playing along with most of the melodies, but you won't be able to hit the low notes.

They use C minor and F minor a lot. Moonshield, The Hive, Dialogue with the Stars, etc are all in F minor. Jotun, Pinball Map, Ordinary Story are in C minor. I think Colony is in F Minor, but haven't played that one much. Trigger sounds like C minor, but again, never liked that album much.

I hope this helps, and Good luck with your playing! Always good to hear of someone keeping it real with classic inflames.

I've been an inflames fan since I heard the Jester Race sometime in 1995, and have played along with Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony and Clayman countless times.

Almost everything they do on those albums is simply the natural minor (aeolian) scale. Most of the harmonies are on the major scale three frets up from the root note of the minor scale.

The only trick is, they tune down to open C (C-F-B♭-E♭-G-C - everything 2 steps below normal EAGDBE tuning). This is no problem playing along with most of the melodies, but you won't be able to hit the low notes.

They use C minor and F minor a lot. Moonshield, The Hive, Dialogue with the Stars, etc are all in F minor. Jotun, Pinball Map, Ordinary Story are in C minor. I think Colony is in F Minor, but haven't played that one much. Trigger sounds like C minor, but again, never liked that album much.

I hope this helps, and Good luck with your playing! Always good to hear of someone keeping it real with classic inflames.

Thanks...U rock.:headbang: