What sells on eBay?

I'm not sure about the taxes - perhaps only random ones are checked and have them added on. I haven't copped any so far.

Nice work selling a softback for that much!

I just get stuff from the uk when it works out that even with postage is included it's cheaper than buying locally. Usually when I manage to find an item that's slipped under the radar.... For small items it's not worth it once shipping is included, but for larger things like dvds it can be ok.

Oh and those people with kids! I discovered yesturday ebay is great for getting kids and baby clothes for dirt cheap. We bought 6 pieces of Pumpkin Patch clothes for $22 including postage.That is how much you pay for a shirt there!

Yeah I've heard that about kids' clothing! I wonder if it's possible to make any money out of it or not then....hmmmm.

Definitely think of niche items that you can readily get yourself (but which the average person wouldn't want the hassle of tracking down).

I imagine the train tickets from Indonesia sell to train enthusiasts. One of my clients at work regularly sells old ticket machines from a train company for £20-30 - he gets them for nothing, cos they're worthless to the company who owns them (he does the corporate merchandising for them).

That's a nice little side earner he's got going there!

Yeah I'm trying to think of niche items. Hmmmm something else will come to me eventually. Something that comes readily to me.....I've got it - bad puns! I can sell bad puns! Um actually no I can't. Back to the drawing board.

Probably very lucky if you do.Unless you buy it there in the 1st place you could probably break even or make a bit.The main thing I see here is a baby is in a size for up to 2-3 months.Only wears the really good stuff a couple of times.Then it sits around till you have another one of the same sex or you give it away.Might as well sell it on ebay.But you can buy huge bargains there aswell.

There is one lot on there at the moment if it all wasn't mainly the size Jazynthe is about to start growing out of I would bid on it.A huge bargain 12 bonds items.The bidding is at $15.50. One bonds suit costs $7 when on sale at Kmart.

Winny, one thing you may look into: selling CDs that aren't available in Aus other than as expensive imports. Hook up with some labels and ask what their minimum terms are for wholesale; you never know!

I sold about 5 or so Kamelot CDs (their one from a couple years ago, in digipack) which I bought from the US for around $6 each, and sold on Ebay UK for £10 or so. Much cheaper than the stores had them, and they typically sold within a day of listing :)

Might be worth looking into.

Hey Mark, thanks for the idea! That could be a goer. Any labels in particular you can think of that might be worth contacting?

Code 666 are very easy to work with, and also Meteor City are great guys (they tend to sell stoner/doom stuff, very rocking). Both also have reasonable minimums - bear in mind the postage costs, and work out your sales costs from there :)

Obviously, it's worth seeing whether their stuff is in stores there (MC's will be, code 666 maybe not everywhere if at all). Plenty of other labels, too :) Just email them and ask for their minimum wholesale amounts, and whether you need an account. Some will fuck you around, others will be easy to deal with. Just state you are opening a small online store catering to the Aussie audience and want to stock their items :)