What should i buy for my studio?

Shaun Werle

Dec 30, 2009
Brodheadsville PA
Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could help me making some decisions on some new equipment to buy.
Some things i am looking into
A nice preamp, nothing above 1500$
Maybe some new overhead mics.

I just want some things to take my productions to a new level.
I have a ton of plug ins. but i'll probably be picking up the waves CLA bundle.

In all what are some things you bought that you couldn't work without.
I work on a lot of heavier modern music, if that changes anything.

Thanks guys!

dude look at the Chameleon labs 7602 mk2 with the transformer upgrade. We have one in the studio and the eq on that preamp alone is worth the price of it. I also think i only paid 980 for it new. and look at the audio technica atm450's they have been working great for us as overhead's

dude look at the Chameleon labs 7602 mk2 with the transformer upgrade. We have one in the studio and the eq on that preamp alone is worth the price of it. I also think i only paid 980 for it new. and look at the audio technica atm450's they have been working great for us as overhead's

Do you have any clips i could listen too of what's been done with it?

Thanks for the input!

acoustic treatment

I am actually doing that in 2 weeks.

Do you have any links to some fiber glass panels, foam, and other stuff that's cheaper?

I am not really sure what works better foam or fiber glass, I am assuming fiberglass but i just want to get everything right the first time.

I'll see what i can do for you buddy :) but take my word on it the thing is awesome. we have used that pre for bass and vocals on everything we have done.

Really, I didn't realize how legit you guys were until I got onto your myspace page and i saw you did white chapel and other bands, it sounds good. Is it a one channel?

Also this might be a dump question but would 4" 24x48' panels work as bass traps?

I found this site who sells 10 panels for a litter over 550$ is that a good deal?
hahah is foam any good at all?

foam doesn't work that well for the low end in your room but you could use the foam as diffuser's for the high end. and yeah the 7602 is a single channel mic pre :)

Yeah, Do you know any good 2 channel pres by any chance, I want some thing i can run atleast my OH's threw, because at this time i sample all the drums.

Thank you for being helpful BTW! :headbang: