What should I get

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
I'm haven't heard of any of Swano's stuff besides bloodbath, which is fucking awesome. I want to get two albums for christmas. Give me some suggestions as of (one) Edge of sanity and (one) Nightingale album to get to first hear these bands.

Nightingale - Nightfall Overture (if you can find this, its a limited edition re-recording of some old songs and a new song!)
or alternately, - Alive Again.

Edge of Sanity - Crimson II is my favorite.

im with silent song...if you like bloodbath, crimson II is 10 times better...and for nightingale id get alive again

In my opinion, Dan's best EoS album is Purgatory Afterglow, followed by Crimsons 1 & 2, which are equally good. Black Tears, Twilight, and Elegy are my three favorite songs in all of Dan's work, so I would recommend that album very strongly.

Nightfall Overture and Invisible are also very excellent. I've never heard his Unicorn stuff, so I can't comment.

Dan also sang the first two songs on Therion's Lucid Dreaming album, plus quite a bit of vocals on Theli, too. Therion is excellent in their own right, so it's not just buying stuff for "Dan".

I suppose you can start at those places if you're looking for more of his stuff. Just remember Dan did not work on EoS's Cryptic album, in case you're thinking of buying up all of the EoS stuff.

Crimson I is best EoS album. I'd get it. It's just their magnum opus you know....

Crimson II is great too but it's a sequel, and why bother get part II when you don't have part one yet?

Moontower! THAT IS GREAT!!! GET IT!!! O how much i love those synths.... and the lyrics.... and the emotions!

Really, get moontower over anything else! And Crimson!

Depends on what you like to listen to, really. If you're mostly into Death Metal , the more cheesy N'gale might put you off, so I'd go with "I", which I guess is the easiest one to digest coming from that corner. EoS- wise, Crimson is a must, as are Purgatory and Dan's Moontower. Oh, and Pan.Thy.Monium. Everything by them.

hmmm I think I'm gonna go with Crimson I and 2 then along with Moontower, and just wait later to get some Nightingale stuff. Thanks for all the comments though! appreciated

oh and get karaboujan als a bonus! (is it still for sale?)

i just LOVE that guitar solo over the steel drums in Den Svart On!!! :D

If you're into bloodbath as many before me said you must get crimson 2 but C2 doesn't go without crimson 1.
As for NG, since most of the albums are a continuos concept story I would start at the begining that is "breathing shaddow"
and of course Moontower is a must.

paradoxile said:
As for NG, since most of the albums are a continuos concept story I would start at the begining that is "breathing shaddow".

Isn't the "Breathing Shadow" concept begin with the lyrics of the "I" album?

...I'm pretty sure yes but speaking about the music i understand your point:headbang:

Maybe because of the "BS" story and what Weizenkeim said i will recomend "I" and of course "MOONTOWER"

well i've ordered my cd's and they are as i said earler
Heliotropic_Rose said:
hmmm I think I'm gonna go with Crimson I and 2 then along with Moontower, and just wait later to get some Nightingale stuff. Thanks for all the comments though! appreciated