What snare?

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi ya'll

Of course you know this...

These two snares sound really good to me. Very natural sounding. Tue Madsen is behind so it's not surprising to hear an overwhelming sound! I love the way they "bite" and how they sit in the mix, very present without eating the rest. Awesome mix indeed. I think there's a sample behind the real snare to get some consistency.

I failed every time I tried to get close to this kind of sound. Do somebody here has an idea (or better, some info) on what snares have been used, what tuning, what kind of reverb has been used? (I think it's mainly the room tho).

Oh I saw the 'making of' vids but nothing about the snare specifically.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a small 6 or 8 snare. Don't really know what I'm talking about haha, but the SSD4 snares "Green" and "Deftone" sounds almost just like that.

Shallow shell, dry head. Not much room or verb in the mix, if it was sampled for consistency, was probably not processed too hard with any space.

Yeah a piccolo or a bit deeper snare tuned very high?! To me it sounds like there's no much bottom mic, almost only top mic highly compressed...? As for the room sound, we can see in the video that the room is not large at all.