Inferno
Wicked
Evolution
Communion
King of Terrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Sins and Shadows

I hope I'm not forgetting any...they were cut to 60 mins due to the fact the bands before them were running long. They kicked huge amounts of ass though, and afterwards, I had the best time of my life hanging with them.

urinalcakemix said:
pfft.
shoulda played DWoT, Odyssey, and walked out.

I hope they do that for Queensryche, wouldnt THAT piss them off? HAH.

I'm still waiting for a 'Symphony X play their Epics' Night. I know they only have 2 'real epics,' but it would be really cool. The setlist could be something like this:

1. A Lesson Before Dying (why not?)
2. A Winter's Dream (Both Parts)
3. Accolade I + II
4. The Edge of Forever
5. Rediscovery (Parts 1+2, why havent they played this live yet?!?!?)
6. DWoT (nuff said)
7. The Odyssey

Come on, I'd love it. Others could be like Through the looking glass, Awakenings, Church of the Machine and Communion and the Oracle, but it depends on individual people. I would personally love my suggested setlist. Make one hell of a DVD :p

kane jordison said:
I'm still waiting for a 'Symphony X play their Epics' Night. I know they only have 2 'real epics,' but it would be really cool. The setlist could be something like this:

3. Accolade I + II
4. The Edge of Forever
6. DWoT (nuff said)
7. The Odyssey

Come on, I'd love it. Others could be like Through the looking glass, Awakenings, Church of the Machine and Communion and the Oracle, but it depends on individual people. I would personally love my suggested setlist. Make one hell of a DVD :p
If they played that setlist it would be one hell of a mega crusher.

urinalcakemix said:
so - how was the Festival itself? How long were each band, organization etc. I wanna hear some reviews!!!

Any bands we should look out for?

Well, overall I thought the bands chosen were lame aside from a few like Fozzy and Twisted Tower Dire. I really liked Fozzy's stuff, they not only had a great live presence but they had some great catchy tunes. Macabre was complete shit, and the NWOBH All Stars were a snoozefest. I stayed up by the stage where SymX was to play so I missed most of the shitty scary death thrash crap. The average set for the bands was about 30 mins, aside from SymX of course getting an hour. Organization seemed ok as the time between bands didn't seem that long, though they were soon running about 30 mins behind schedule which is why SymX had their set cut. I only went to the Friday show because the SymX guys were really adamant that I not be in that shit hole of a town since it wasn't safe, so they took me to my hotel and suggested I not go to the Saturday show. I went to NYC instead :) I wanted to see Testement, but I'd rather waste my ticket than to have the chance that something bad happen to me. (yes the town was THAT bad).

So there's my little review.

kane jordison said:

3. Accolade I + II
4. The Edge of Forever
6. DWoT (nuff said)
7. The Odyssey

DAMN! I couldn't agree MORE! That'd RULE!

-Paul
http://www.wooden-badger.com

Russel drank some jack daniels on stage and so did romeo. it was so funny. oh and Romeo had to tune his guitar during the part in wicked when "SHE SAID...." and Russel was like "She said!!!......I have to tune my guitar apparently" HAHA hilarious. I go to see Symphony X and I see George Carlin instead.

The Metal Chick said:
Well, overall I thought the bands chosen were lame aside from a few like Fozzy and Twisted Tower Dire. I really liked Fozzy's stuff, they not only had a great live presence but they had some great catchy tunes. Macabre was complete shit, and the NWOBH All Stars were a snoozefest. I stayed up by the stage where SymX was to play so I missed most of the shitty scary death thrash crap. The average set for the bands was about 30 mins, aside from SymX of course getting an hour. Organization seemed ok as the time between bands didn't seem that long, though they were soon running about 30 mins behind schedule which is why SymX had their set cut. I only went to the Friday show because the SymX guys were really adamant that I not be in that shit hole of a town since it wasn't safe, so they took me to my hotel and suggested I not go to the Saturday show. I went to NYC instead :) I wanted to see Testement, but I'd rather waste my ticket than to have the chance that something bad happen to me. (yes the town was THAT bad).

So there's my little review.
I have to agree with the Metal Chick. The location was an absolute shithole and the majority of the bands were pretty lame. My friends and I hung out in the car listening to *good* metal most of the time because we couldn't take most of the other bands. SymX made everything worth it though. :D
For anyone interested, here's a couple pictures I took:
Russ1.jpg

LePond2.jpg

Lepond looks thrilled, right? haha

MegRuss.jpg

me with the man himself

Lepond ALWAYS looks thrilled. He's the man.

Thomas Miller? Who's he?

You should recruit new Symphony X fans by using that picture of Lepond. Say "How can a band that has a bassist with this much charisma be bad?" and play them Inferno or something...

Anyway, the band are such cool guys. I've met them all a few times, and they're so down-to-earth. No egos at all...it's awesome.

MorphineChild205 said:
Anyway, the band are such cool guys. I've met them all a few times, and they're so down-to-earth. No egos at all...it's awesome.

Amen to that. I'd like to think these guys saved my life...I mean, I wonder what could have happened to me-a young girl walking around in a strange horrible town- had Romeo and Pinnella not been standing outside when they were, or even if they were, if they had not stopped me. Those guys are the sweetest, kindest guys in the whole world :)

The Metal Chick said:
Amen to that. I'd like to think these guys saved my life...I mean, I wonder what could have happened to me-a young girl walking around in a strange horrible town- had Romeo and Pinnella not been standing outside when they were, or even if they were, if they had not stopped me. Those guys are the sweetest, kindest guys in the whole world :)

Yes, I totally agree w/you Metal Chick!:worship:

Prog Maiden said:
I have to agree with the Metal Chick. The location was an absolute shithole and the majority of the bands were pretty lame. My friends and I hung out in the car listening to *good* metal most of the time because we couldn't take most of the other bands. SymX made everything worth it though. :D
For anyone interested, here's a couple pictures I took:
Russ1.jpg

LePond2.jpg

Lepond looks thrilled, right? haha

MegRuss.jpg

me with the man himself