Is the setlist going to be the same for the rest of the PL tour

i think that set list looks like pure gold!!!!! i would be happy if the played all of pl and added the oddysey as the encore. PL has the most energy= great live material!!! keep on keeping on!!!

i like seven, but of all the songs on pl, i like that one the least. that song is too close to stuff they have done many times before. the prechorus is the best park of the song.

I guess they perform for about 1.5 hours then according to the setlist that seems standard this tour? I go see them in 3 days, I'm so stoked.

Well isn't it sang in Fasletto? It is a different tone I do know that. So I will correct myself. It is not sang in the same tone live.

As far as I know, it's not truly falsetto. It is in the EXTREME upper register of Russell's voice and he is pushing it out with a hint of a falsetto tone, sort of the way Halford, Ripper Owens, and Matt Barlow do.

That being said, at the show in Mokena he did the first and the third pre-chorus parts in a mix of high/upper register wailing and falsetto (you can tell by how close or far he jerks the mic away from his mouth) and the second in his normal high range with a different version of the melody (kind of in a bluesy manner :headbang:)

As far as I know, it's not truly falsetto. It is in the EXTREME upper register of Russell's voice and he is pushing it out with a hint of a falsetto tone, sort of the way Halford, Ripper Owens, and Matt Barlow do.

That being said, at the show in Mokena he did the first and the third pre-chorus parts in a mix of high/upper register wailing and falsetto (you can tell by how close or far he jerks the mic away from his mouth) and the second in his normal high range with a different version of the melody (kind of in a bluesy manner :headbang:)

Halford, Owens, and Barlow don't use falsetto, its head voice (as apposed to chest voice), which is NOT falsetto. And Russ definitely does not sing it in falsetto on the album. its head voice. But, do you mean that he doesn't do it head voice live, but sings it falsetto live?

The only instances of falsetto i can think of Russel Allen using are in Candlelight fantasia, The Oddysey, Lady of the Snow, The Accolade, and one of the songs off The Revenge, can't remember which one, but the line is "I will show you with the YOU being falsetto.

Ah yes DCB, there is falsetto in DWoT as well, actually not only at the end, but at the start of the vocals (not the choir vocals, the regular vocals) as well.

Darkblade, falsetto is produced with slacked vocal chords and it does not promote higher overtones, and thus sounds somewhat hollow and light/unpowerful compared to full voice. Head voice is when the chords remain taught abnd drawn together and they achieve full closure during each cycle of vibration. It doesn't usually allow for the same fullness in lower overtones as chest voice, it sounds much fuller than falsetto. Believe me, i can hear that if you ever heard russ sing that part without amplification, it would be pretty damn powerful.

The comment that was made about him mixing his voice with falsetto had some trut though as in ascending that high, male tenors need to mix head voice with cest voice to get a smooth transition with no break.