Setlist from the new tour

I honestly disagree with the statement of calling this set Perfect. Gotta be honest, as great as they are, too many songs on this set are too cliche for Symphony X. I mean I really like Sea Of Lies, but I'm guessing that they've played it for every single show since they started actually playing live. If they play a big dvd show or something, I'm hoping that they don't play these songs again and that they kick up the set with some songs like The Edge Of Forever, either Accolade, or even A Winter's Dream, or even Church Of The Machine.
I honestly think that they could compose a better set than they do.

I would be happy with any setlist, but this would rock:

Oculus ex Inferni
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
Domination
The Serpent’s Kiss
Paradise Lost
Eve of Seduction
The Walls of Babylon
Seven
The Sacrifice
Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia)

---

Edge of Forever
Divine Wings of Tragedy

I would be happy with any setlist, but this would rock:

Oculus ex Inferni
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
Domination
The Serpent’s Kiss
Paradise Lost
Eve of Seduction
The Walls of Babylon
Seven
The Sacrifice
Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia)

---

Edge of Forever
Divine Wings of Tragedy

That would be great set. I wonder what they'll play during the Dream Theater tour, cause that will be the only chance for me to see them this year.

After that I'll still have to see them perform their own show... Hopefully I don't have to wait too many years for that. Atleast there will be the DVD (whenever it comes) to live with.

We'll be getting more than 3 new songs on the tour, don't worry. I was kinda disappointed with how short their set was, but this was only a warmup show. They'll be on top of their game soon enough.

Although any Symphony X setlist is a badass setlist, I have to say that this one let me down.

Granted, I'd still love to have been at that show...but I hope they play a good heap of new stuff and some more obscure TiO/V material.

Personally, I'd love to hear Through the Looking Glass and an Accolade/Accolade II combination over The Odyssey. (Though seeing them play The Odyssey IS something akin to having a raging musigasm).

speaking of youtube, just seen that someone has uploaded the entire new symphony X album to youtube. *sigh*

one of the songs has 12000 plays, youd think youtube admins wouldve spotted that

holy fuckin shit, Rediscovery pt. II has never been played live? That's just wrong...WRONG I tell ya!

Oh, dude, there's a whole bunch of quality songs that the band has never played live...

A Winter's Dream
Candlelight Fantasia (in full)
The Relic
Orion
Absence of Light
A Fool's Paradise
Rediscovery
Incantations
The Turning

And, perhaps most importantly... Frontiers!

Oh, dude, there's a whole bunch of quality songs that the band has never played live...

A Winter's Dream
Candlelight Fantasia (in full)
The Relic
Orion
Absence of Light
A Fool's Paradise
Rediscovery
Incantations
The Turning

And, perhaps most importantly... Frontiers!

Frontiers, hells yeah...it kills me that they never included that song on anything released here, shoulda made the cut for the Odyessey. Savage Bass, Drum, and Guitar solos. Overall, a fuckin awesome song.

Correction: Pinella himself told me that they have played the Turning before.

Seeing as I've never seen SX live before, I wouldn't be disappointed if they stuck with that setlist for the actual tour. I honestly hope that they play just as much old stuff when they come to CT, as I wouldn't want to hear a set of mostly new songs that I haven't had a chance to really get to know... However, as long as they continue to play The Odyssey, I'll be soooo happy.

I knew they were gonna bring out one of the long songs for the encore, I was hoping it would be DWoT too cause I hadn't seen it but I was happy either way, the oddysey translates really well live