Setlist from the new tour

I find it funny that it was mentioned that the set list would be different for the locations X has never played before, and yet the set list posted for this show is pretty much exactly what I would think of a perfectly appropriate for a location that hasn't seen the band before. Sins and Shadows and Sea of Lies are both mainstays of any X performance - representing their 'breakthrough' into the mainstream (to the extent at least that can be applicable in the prog/power metal genre). Then Smoke and Mirrors is the 'hit' off Twilight, Evolution is the 'hit' off V, and Inferno is the 'hit' off the Odyssey, with King of Terrors potentially contending for that title. Then you do 3 songs on the new album you are touring in support of, 1 token 'mellow' tune (Communion), and 1 epic (of which The Odyssey is the most recent and probably most well known to the growing X fan base.

I'd like to see a little more diversity to the set for the locations that have seen a lot of the band since the Odyssey touring - but I know that really caters largely to me and it's probably a lot more reasonable for the band to pick a set list like this with broad use and appeal and really nail it (unless you are Dream Theater, switching up set lists can lead to a degradation in quality). Still, I would love to see at least ONE curve ball from the earlier albums. I saw them 4 times on the Odyssey support touring and that has resulted in 4 hearings of Evolution, King of Terrors, Inferno, Sins and Shadows, and Sea of Lies. While I love those tunes, I'm not flipping out to see them again. Hearing the 1 out of 4 performances of Church of the Machine, Out of the Ashes, and Eyes of Medusa, however, created a bit more of a 'thank god I caught this show!' sort of feeling. I know it's important to do the classics, and I know it's important to feature the new album prominently, but toss in a Dragons Den or a Damnation Game for us old school fans ;)

I'd like to see a little more diversity to the set for the locations that have seen a lot of the band since the Odyssey touring - but I know that really caters largely to me and it's probably a lot more reasonable for the band to pick a set list like this with broad use and appeal and really nail it (unless you are Dream Theater, switching up set lists can lead to a degradation in quality). Still, I would love to see at least ONE curve ball from the earlier albums. I saw them 4 times on the Odyssey support touring and that has resulted in 4 hearings of Evolution, King of Terrors, Inferno, Sins and Shadows, and Sea of Lies. While I love those tunes, I'm not flipping out to see them again. Hearing the 1 out of 4 performances of Church of the Machine, Out of the Ashes, and Eyes of Medusa, however, created a bit more of a 'thank god I caught this show!' sort of feeling. I know it's important to do the classics, and I know it's important to feature the new album prominently, but toss in a Dragons Den or a Damnation Game for us old school fans ;)

Personally, I could do without any of those five or six songs that they always play. I'm sick of Sins, Sea of Lies, Inferno, Evolution, etc. I think they need to focus on this new album, and throw some rarely-played songs and old-school stuff in there, too.

Personally, I could do without any of those five or six songs that they always play. I'm sick of Sins, Sea of Lies, Inferno, Evolution, etc. I think they need to focus on this new album, and throw some rarely-played songs and old-school stuff in there, too.

dunno ive never seen them live so id like to see them play some of my favourites as well

I never really liked Inferno as much to begin with. It's a great song, but it's not the kind of song I wanna hear EVERY time. At this point, it's just too predictable. Same for Sea Of Lies. I like it more than I do plenty of other Sym X numbers, but at this point in their career, I think they're at the point where they can just occasionally blow everyone away with a surprise.

Does anyone know the setlist from Gods of Metal 2007 on June 3rd?
I know they played Domination, Set the World On Fire, The Serpent's Kiss and Communion and the Oracle but I can't remember the other songs.

Help is much appreciated :headbang: