what the fuck is this forum comming too

After reading all your sermons, I'd like to say that I think the forum is great, micing is great, impulses are great, boobs are great, people is great...

But there are some things that I hate:

- Teacher pets who worship well known producers and say "Amen" to every word they write.
- The search engine that doesn't allow to writte less than 4 letter words.
- People that doesn't use the Search Engine
- The language of niggas that I don't understand, and all those LMAO, LOL, OMG, FTW, BTW, SMD, BMG, SIML...
- People who abuse of "Rate My Mix" subforum.
- When I can't express myself right because my english is not good enough.

Me too like to say loud CUNT, grannyfuckers!

i don´t get it (well i do but)....don´t want....don´t click it...ignore it ...move ahead ....i do

selective daily post reading

I personally appreciate impulses a HUGE amount, not only have they provided a quick fix, but they have also showed me what good micing sounds like. It's given me something to go off for when I start re-amping soon. I feel like I know what I'm going to be aiming for when I start micing again. Last time I got to mic up my amp was a significant improvement on my old tones because of all that time spent using pete's engl impulses, now with ryans fredman impulses and his explanation of fredman micing to me, I'm gonna be good to go, and I appreciate that hugely.

The problem is perception and usage and intention IMO. Impulses are great, if you use them with the intention of eventually micing shit yourself and making things sound that good. Slate samples are great because they've helped me process drums better, because I've got a point of comparison.
If someone wants a quick fix, then let them have it, but there's enough shit out there to seperate the men from the boys. Lasse is a prime example of that. Real amps and cabs, real drums, and a really talented mix engineer manning the faders. I may like how slate and 8505 sounds, but the sounds lasse gets really show that recordings of real acoustic instruments are always going to sound better.
Lasse's recordings are going to age really fucking well, and your average kid that comes on here begging for presets mixes are going to sound shitty within a very short time frame (if not straight away.)

I have to completely agree with this. I am wanting to do this for a living one day(even though I am 41 but it is going to happen :headbang:) and I am trying to learn as much as possible. I have been reading these forums for about 6 months before I even signed up to participate. I have learned so much I cannot even explain. I love to use the impulses and samples as a baseline to what a good mix is suppose to sound like. I want to learn WHY you got these sounds to make my mixes sound better...and they have. I want to sound like me in my mixes...Thanks to all who share their knowledge and know how :kickass: