What the hell happened to Metallica ??

yes haha, but i never watch vhs, EVERRRRR.

i remember when dvds first came out, i vowed to never buy a player, because vhs "was the same thing". that was my opinion before ever even seeing a dvd haha. boy was i wrong. dvds rule.

haha! i said the same thing. then everything i had broke. so, i had to buy new shit and i obviously wasnt going to buy another VCR.

RjBeals said:
Akerfeldt is married with a kid, sober, and well off (overlook that he has to sell shit on eBay for spending money), but his music is still heavy. You don't have to be angry to make metal. It just takes passion. Hell, Mike & the band are probably the most laid back metal musicians out there.

:lol: when i read that paragraph at first i read it wrong and thought it said "Hell, Mike & the band are probably the most laid black metal musicians out there. that gives it a whole new meaning:lol: you make a good point as well

Its pretty comical reading comments about Dave Mustaine. One half of you speak as if you've known him for years after reading a couple of interviews and some of the trash that others have had to say of him. Yet another Metallica vs. Megadeth argument that ends nowhere.... Oh, and the guys from Slayer are the most reputed source to made an opinion about Dave Mustaine from.... really.

There was an interesting point made in the Documentary. It was a question of modivation. After a very successfull carrer, and millions of dollers later, what is their modivation? What gets them out of bed every morning? When they were less know and still hungry, i'll bet they tried a hell of a lot harder to create memorable material. I would love to see them revisit the Ride the Lightining Era as much as the next guy, but they're overcooked and unmotivated. I keep hoping and waiting for a new metallica album that will just kick the shit right outta my ass. :zombie: But it hasn't happened yet!

i think lars is a pretty selfish guy. He knows the way he can make money. So he does it. Just like anyone would. The fact they also get a huge amount of enjoyment out of their work too. Its a win/win situation for them as they probably dont care what people think.

I've come to accept that I will be bagged constantly for liking St. Anger. When it came out (I was in year 8), I had just started playing guitar but had no real taste in music. St. Anger came and, despite it being the kind of music I would normally throw into the bin, I really enjoyed it. St. Anger got me into Metallica, and once I saw SKOM (which I think is a pretty good doco, actually) I went out and bought AFJA. I got into prog. I wouldn't say I put St. Anger in the same league as MOP or AFJA, but it's a completely different sounding record and as such can't really be compared.

Man...I bet people will send me death letters after writing this.