What the hell happened to Metallica ??

sknight said:
Do the legwork yourself because it's all over the place.

It simply looks like you're such a Dave Mustaine homer that you'll deny anything that's happened that implicates him for any wrong doing, while he's nearly universally unliked by peers in the industry.
burden of proof rests on the prosecution. it was perfectly reasonable for suislide to question your sources there. as for poland, as far as i gather mustaine treated him less than cordially but poland had no desire to rejoin the band full-time.

Getting back to the original topic, if Metallica distanced itself from its previous work, there wouldn't be a discussion. They pretend that they went through a natural progression into this music and we all know that's not true. Bob Rock watered it down and they are now the cash cow for an industry of people following to cash in. Still, Metallica claims to be a metal band, which they're not, but that's the nature of metal. We have had posers throughout the last couple of decades of metal that were radio/MTV friendly. Don't be surprised if it's a lot of politics with Metallica still being on the face of the map because they did stick up for the record industry and don't think the industry would not respect that or pay them back for it.

heh. speaking of 80s hair bands: Skynerd is coming here soon and their tour mate is none other than Bret Michaels - an absolute embarrasment to the music community. ah! a Bret Michaels story: my friend said she sat right behind him at a recent taping of "Nashville Star" and he hit on her the whole time. She said he was "really gross". heh.

dorian gray said:
i like Winger, myself. and Stryper.
ever watch beavis and butthead? a-huhhuh. :D
winger.jpg

sknight said:
Look at the interviews on EddieTrunk.com with Mustaine. He's not allowed to talk about the details of the lawsuit with Ellefson and how he settled the suit with him for a significant sum. That's the backup. Do the legwork yourself because it's all over the place. Additionally, Nick was led to believe that this was a reunion, thought he'd be part of Megadeth again, but Dave didn't have the same thoughts, so he was only used for the album and then released right afterward. It's called parsimony. After you look up the word, then go and do some legwork and research into how Mustaine and Megadeth pretty much fell apart. It's all over there.

It simply looks like you're such a Dave Mustaine homer that you'll deny anything that's happened that implicates him for any wrong doing, while he's nearly universally unliked by peers in the industry. Go to the Slayer FAQ and see why they don't like him.
Ok ill believe what you said about he and ellefson; if he isnt allowed to talk about it then i understand that. The thing about Nick you still dont have straightened out is that Nick was not involved in the new album what-so-ever. The plan was to have him rejoin, do the album and tour; however, nick was kicked out before they did anything. Vinnie Colaiuta did ALL the drums. The Drover brothers filled in for the tour.

maybe it was pulled off with the recent update. There was a really long page of tons of slayer facts.

They mentioned not liking Dave because he tried to get them thrown off a tour because they were too heavy (more like they were going to upstage him) and they found out.

cthulufhtagn said:
ever watch beavis and butthead? a-huhhuh. :D
heh. funny you mention that. it's *exactly* what i was thinking about when i typed that post. i miss that show.