What the Renkse is going on???

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
ok, so this has always been a spelling mistake by people writing 'Renske' instead of 'Renkse'. But after seeing the sticker on the bloodbath album saying it wrong, added by Mikael from Opeth spelling it wrong on the new Opeth thanks thingy on their album i just got confused.

why and how did this error come about? when reading things like live/album reviews its the same. the only reason i can think of is that 'Renske' rolls more easy of the tongue. oh well Jonas or should i say Jonsa is destined to a life of misspelled names...

Well, maybe Mikeal ;) spelt it right, but when the graphic designer typed it out, they mis-typed it. :D

You're right, it does flow off the tounge more easily misspelt, it's probably just us ignorant non-Swedes who think the name sounds funny, so when we look at it or try to write it (if we don't know about the common misspelling ;)), our brain just reads it the way we expect to see it (having an 's' after a 'k' is not very common in the English language, I can't think of a word with it).

"Renkse" also sounds more Swedish.:p

yourdeadgroom said:
(having an 's' after a 'k' is not very common in the English language, I can't think of a word with it).

Well, maybe there really is no such thing. But the 'ks' sound is pretty common in English, I'd say. Just take the letter x. I don't think it sounds any different from the Swedish 'ks', so it shouldn't be too much of a tonguebreaker for you native English speakers out there. You know, correctly pronouncing "Anders" and "Åkerfeldt" is a little trickier.
wink.gif

in polish 'renske' sounds somewhat like 'coin heads' in accusative form :) bullshit hehe

BTW, some may write 'renske' because of accelarated fingers movement ;) ...on keyboard hehe

yv said:
in polish 'renske' sounds somewhat like 'coin heads' in accusative form :) bullshit hehe

BTW, some may write 'renske' because of accelarated fingers movement ;) ...on keyboard hehe

Ręce.. Rence.. Ence pence w której renkse... khhhehhee.

I better shut up :D

no shit, is he?
btw, have you seen my hands? they are big enough :) anyway, let's leave him. we might tear him apart, and what then? I prefer 'long-distance' relationship and love rather his mind...

oh, Jonas sorry for all that bullshitting :oops:

yv said:
no shit, is he?
btw, have you seen my hands? they are big enough :) anyway, let's leave him. we might tear him apart, and what then? I prefer 'long-distance' relationship and love rather his mind...

oh, Jonas sorry for all that bullshitting :oops:

Yes, he is too big... HE WENT TOO FAT THAT FUCKER! :D

Do you think he might be reading? Gulp... :oops: hahaha

I'm afraid he may... And fuck, he should...
Some voices told me earlier they're visiting the forum in spare time. So, after the tour we are banished from here :cry: buuuuuuuuuuuuu hehe :)

yv said:
yeah here them all the time, they told me also that noone is willing to read this thread unless we two stop pierdoling :) :D

Gutspilling bloodspewing noseblowing LOL at 'stop pierdoling' :lol:

Told you, let's jump onto some messenger :p

yeah slang mixtures sometimes kick ass...

fajnie, myślimy równocześnie, tylko net się spóźnia... może być GG jak akurat siedzisz... 2626192

Hehe hey buddies, you scandinaves cannot figure out the way it sounds in Spanish anyway Renske, Renkse or any other possible combination o_O :D