What tuning(s) ?

Feicht

Oh man, that is hot!!!
Dec 18, 2004
Austria
what are the tunings that Bloodbath plays in? (i have a pretty bad ear for picking this kind of thing out on my own :D )

Exactly, for RTC and NMF standard B, this is:

6 = B
5 = F# (Gb)
4 = D
3 = A
2 = E
1 = B

and Breeding Death (not sure) either in Drop Half-Step down ("Drop C#"):

6 = E# (Eb)
5 = A# (Bb)
4 = F# (Gb)
3 = C# (Db)
2 = G# (Ab)
1 = C# (Db)

or C# standard (like drop B, but standard instead):

6 = C# (Db)
5 = G# (Ab)
4 = E
3 = B
2 = F# (Gb)
1 = C# (Db)

and now that we're on tunings...which one is used on Crimson II? I'm ALMOST sure it's standard B, but there are some parts played easier on drop B...

yourdeadgroom said:
The last song on RTC is in A tuning if I recall correctly, the rest of the album is in B.

Right I forgot it completely! Exactly, Cry my Name and Eaten are played in A...I'm almost sure it's in drop A (like standard B but the 6th string in A) Thanks for reminding me man.

wow, they must use some thick strings! my band plays in drop C mostly, and my strings sorta try flopping all over the place :D

i could, but then i'd have a hard time playing leads

the other guitarist uses 11's... we switched guitars the other day and i thought my hand was gonna fall off hehe :D

Feicht said:
i could, but then i'd have a hard time playing leads

the other guitarist uses 11's... we switched guitars the other day and i thought my hand was gonna fall off hehe :D
!!! Believe me, you have to use at LEAST 11's in C. Anything wouldn't only be floppy, it would sound crap and the intonation would flip out completely screwing with both leadz and chords.

I play 12 guage in C, eventhough 13s would give the best sound. Being downtuned on a regular guitar demands a slight sacrifice.

Edit: I saw now that you play in drop-C. A bit different, 11s would be a nice guage, with maybe a bit thicker string för the C, something like 58

L0bster said:
!!! Believe me, you have to use at LEAST 11's in C. Anything wouldn't only be floppy, it would sound crap and the intonation would flip out completely screwing with both leadz and chords.

I play 12 guage in C, eventhough 13s would give the best sound. Being downtuned on a regular guitar demands a slight sacrifice.

Edit: I saw now that you play in drop-C. A bit different, 11s would be a nice guage, with maybe a bit thicker string för the C, something like 58

but but... how am i supposed to shred with 11's? :'(

:D i know i should switch to a thicker guage, but my intonation is okay so far, so i'm not too worried about it at the moment

DARK INFINITE said:
and now that we're on tunings...which one is used on Crimson II? I'm ALMOST sure it's standard B, but there are some parts played easier on drop B...
If I'm not mistaken, Swano said he used a discontinued Schecter 5-string model which is tuned like a cello. The standard tuning is A for those, I believe.

So if it's in A (perhaps drop A), then it must be standard B, it's the nearest tuning, and it's the lowest note found in the songs...I first trust my ears and then my hands. Thanks RuinerXL.

Hey Blakkheim, a little off-topic...I love covering Bloodbath and I'll be testing fruity loops and other software for recording, so, is there any problem if I recorded some songs and uploaded them in my soundclick account? I don't want to mess with legal stuff, so I wanted your permission first. Thanks for your attention.