What video games are you currently playing?

R0b

Sep 2, 2012
We have a music thread for what you're currently listening to, so I figured I'd create one for my fellow gamers. What games are you currently playing? Right now I'm currently playing:

Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS)
.Hack//G.U. part 2 (PS2) I never beat this during the PS2's lifespan, so I decided to go back and finish it.

I'm also periodically playing:

K-On! (PS3)
Dust 514 (PS3)

At a certain point in my life I (maybe inadvertently) decided to stop investing funds in games...I just buy a new PC every 5 or so years or make minor adjustments so I never get to play the *current* gen stuff ^^
I don't know, it just came naturally as I grew older....I never lost the interest in video games but I did gain an impression that it's all just money thrown into the wind, seeing as life can get very ..err expensive.

Currently I'm playing HoN and some PS1 games (want to finish Alundra 2 and a few others, I can get all of the roms now legally since the system is basically obsolete).

(Also please try not to use the word gamer, you like music as well but you don't consider yourself a musicer, it's a term I've noticed being flung around in the past few years, as the "being a nerd is cool" fad started to emerge.)

I sort of cringe when I hear the word "gamer".

When I was younger I used to love my PS1/PS2 but the current generation really lost my interest, especially as I started building PCs.

I only play a few games a year now. Currently it is Borderlands 2 which can be good fun if you have some friends that also have it.

We have a music thread for what you're currently listening to, so I figured I'd create one for my fellow gamers. What games are you currently playing? Right now I'm currently playing:

Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS)
.Hack//G.U. part 2 (PS2) I never beat this during the PS2's lifespan, so I decided to go back and finish it.

I'm also periodically playing:

K-On! (PS3)
Dust 514 (PS3)

I am into PC RPG's mostly. Games like Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Diablo-Series, Eschalon Books I & II, Baldur's Gate(the original Series), Neverwinter Nights(the first 3 Games), etc.

XCom: Enemy Unknown is my most recent game (PS3), but I'm doing some Civ V, Lord of the Rings Online, and Guild Wars 2 as well.

I really don't have time for video games anymore (with church, music work, school, etc) but I used to be hardcore into MMORPG's like Everquest and stuff. As of right now, I occasionally log onto Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.

XCom: Enemy Unknown is my most recent game (PS3), but I'm doing some Civ V, Lord of the Rings Online, and Guild Wars 2 as well.

What GW2 server are you on? I want to get it one of these days.

Has anyone played Dead or Alive 5 yet? If so, opinions? I've generally enjoyed the DoA games, but opinions are always helpful.

Also, if anyone wants to exchange PSN names, I can post mine up here.

I really don't have time for video games anymore (with church, music work, school, etc) but I used to be hardcore into MMORPG's like Everquest and stuff. As of right now, I occasionally log onto Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.

I didn't really get into Diablo 3. I got it for 'free' because I signed up for a thing where I basically agreed to keep my WoW account active for a full year. I've never cancelled it anyway, so I figured why not agree to do what I'm going to do anyway and get a free game out of it (plus I got beta access to Mists of Pandaria). I played Diablo 3 a few times, but it didn't really grab me. Not saying it's a bad game, just that it wasn't my cup of tea, which is kind of odd considering the fact that I'm a fantasy nerd.

I like playing a fairly new free-to-play FPS game called Blacklight: Retribution from time to time. Anyone heard of it?

Honestly, Diablo 3 is not the most amazing game ever or anything. In fact, I don't know why anyone would play it if they hadn't played the first two. The fact that I spent so many hours on Diablo 2 allows for Diablo 3 to be better to me than it should be considered.

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls V
CoD Black Ops
CoD Modern Warfare III
MX. VS. ATV. Untamed
Batman: Arkham Asylum

I just switch out between those. All on a PS3.

Oh, and sometimes Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Metroid Prime I & II on the gamecube. :D

I play on Xbox during a lot of my free time. The ones i'm switching between are,

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Tales of Vesperia
El Shaddai
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Street Fighter HD Remix

Some of them have been out for a few years. But i've never played em and just recently bought them since my Online Account was going to expire and I needed same single player Offline games. I happened notice FF-XIII-2 was only $20, it re-ignited my RPG roots, and I ended up with all the rest for around $60 (besides VF and SF), since they were older, but still awesome hahah.

Currently, I'm playing Catherine; however, I'm very excited for Halo 4, as it's just around the corner.

I just picked up Pokemon Black 2 the other day (hey, don't judge me!).

Has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed yet? If so, how is it?

I just picked up Pokemon Black 2 the other day (hey, don't judge me!)...

Judge you? Pokémon?!? I deem you worthy of adulation!!:D
I've played the first 4 generations, but the 5th looks great.

The only game I've been playing lately is computer chess. Does that count in this thread?:loco:

I just recently picked up an Xbox 360 with Forza 4 Essentials and Skyrim. I also picked up Halo 3 ODST as I have not played it yet and wanted to do so before getting Halo 4. I think I have more than enough to keep me busy enough for now, especially with Skyrim.