What video games are you currently playing?

I recently started playing Tera because it's free. It's much better than I expected. Pretty much PSU and WOW combined. It has it's limitations and problems just like any mmo but considering it's completely free, quite a good game.

Slender: The Arrival Beta Version. If you pre-order the game, you can play the beta until the real release comes out. This game is so fun! If you have never heard of it, it involves you going out into a forest and collecting eight pages. But while you are collecting these eight pages, an entity is stalking you as you go, getting more aggressive as you go. Check out my gameplay of it here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing Final Fantasy VII again lately. Clunky polygon people aside, it's remarkable how well this game has held up for me after all these years.

My 3rd disc didn't work so when I got to the final part I never actually finished it.

Gonna emulate it on the pc one of these days...I can't believe I never watched Advent Children or played Crisis Core.

I've never played Crisis Core. It's been a while since I've seen Advent Children. As a FFVII sequel, I found it unsatisfying, but it certainly was fun to watch.

Well it can't be as bad as Spirits Within, that movie was a complete letdown.

To think...they bothered to render every HAIR on the protagonist lady's head, but made the story so weak...I was NOT sold.

Out of curiosity, what did you use to record that? Fraps?

Yes, in fact, I did use Fraps. Fraps is probably the only recording software I am able to use for my laptop because it is the only one that does not lag the gameplay. All of the others that I have tried in the past have lagged my gameplay. I'm surprised because I have a really good video card for my laptop but I do see how recording can hinder performance because of the RAM of the game and of the recording software.

I was pretty impressed by the story and the ending. Also the mind-bending possiblities concerning the ending as it relates to the other 2 games. That came out of left field for me.

In terms of Bioshocks....I like the gameplay in the second and the third better than the first. There were a few kinks in the first one that felt a little lacking (like a delay in switching between Plasmids and weapons and the hacking). Bioshock 2's gameplay fixed all my complaints though, it was just a fun game. And as someone who grew up with platforming games, a la Prince of Persia series, I LOVED the skylines in Infinite. I used them ALL the time for tactical advantages.

Of course, nothing beats the story of the original. In that department, Infinite is second and 2 is last. But everything about the story in the original was excellent. I haven't seen very many MOVIES with plots that good or twists that jaw-dropping. In Infinite, I definitely dug the quantum mechanics stuff, and all the hints scattered throughout the game. There was one point I didn't like - Elizabeth says "there's going to be a revolution, just like Les Miserables!" And I'm like....did you read the book? Every single one of the rebels is brutally murdered! That's not something to hope for your own side! And Bioshock 2 was basically Taken with superpowers underwater. In other words, awesome, but not very cerebral.