What Was Everyones First Ever Guitar?

My first one was a hand-made classical ~300-500euros (my father had it before me;)). Then I bought an electric: a Washburn about 300 euros, but I can't remember anything more. It's the only electric I have to date - but I'm really into buying a gibson Les Paul sooooooooooooon ;) As soon as I have the money, at least :) Then I got a new classical guitar, a handmade Spanish guitar which is GREAT!! :):):) It's really cool playing it, it's got a good and loud sound, and it's funny how almost no metalheads are interested in this instrument nowadays. I mean, everyone's into playing electrics.............. At least the fans - the groups can appreciate all types of guitars, incl. classicals.............

I had a Mako copy of a BC Rich Bich. It was white with gold hardware. It took three people to get the tremolo arm to move. :lol:

Then I got a purple BC Rich Warlock and managed to draw blood with the headstock. That was a true metal guitar!

my first guitar ever was an old accoustic that had been used by my mom some years before. I didn't play it very long.
My first electric was a Slammer bass (played it about half a year and then got into playing guitar again)
My first electric 6-string was an Yamaha Pacifica 112 which was pretty good for the low price.
Nowadays I I still own all these instruments plus a BC Rich NJ Warlock and a Marathon RR I recently bought through ebay

A clasical guitar inherited from my Grandad, i started learning clasical pieces when i was 11 and now i'm working for death metal glory. Proof that no matter how you start you can end up anywhere, and i still play the clasical one!

Mine was some kind of Japanese knock-off Rickenbacker kit guitar. Cheap solid body with a Rickenbacker nameplate and some cheap imitation hardware/p.u.'s

It was a hunk of crap that I got for a song, learned to play on...then I bought some 80's Kramer and the madness began.

Originally posted by ke2
Same here. Black with maple neck and board. I believe I read that it was Ibanez(Hoshino gakki group) that owned Cimar. Not sure, however...:)

Ahhh. Your right on the money there man. My memory banks were tossing up between Fender and Ibanez but somehow I landed on Fender.

(Gibson) Epiphone Les Paul-100

It looked crapy. It was black with a white pickguard (or however this thing is called on gibson guitars), brown volume and tone controls, and white humbucker-frameworks.

So i got rid of the pickguard, bought black controls and frameworks. Looks a bit like a gothic now.

But i loved that guitar. It sounds great!

Later i got my Jackson. :D

White Vester stage series Strat clone. Still have it, has black pickguard with yellow stars under the volume/tone pots nowadays.

Ibanez Gio wasnt that bad... hot rodded it. Installed a Dimarzio Evolution and 2x virtual vintage single coils which ended up being worth more than the guitar itself.