What Was Everyones First Ever Guitar?

Washburn BT-2 Maverick Series. Doesn't sound too bad to me but I'm looking to get a new one soon. It was in the $700-$1000 Australian range. I'm probably looking at $1500-$2000 (australian) now any recommendations for a good heavy guitar?

A Fiesta Red Squire strat. The finish on the neck acted like a brake and it got abused. I'm amazed I ever managed to sell it :)

The first guitar ever ever was a cheap acoustic kiddie size which noone taught me to play. It took me ages to pick up the instrument again and learn properly :)

Originally posted by union9
Mine was my sisters Cimar Strat copy. I think Cimar was also a subsidary of Fendar. I still have it and is still awsome to play. Just needs a bit of work on it.

Same here. Black with maple neck and board. I believe I read that it was Ibanez(Hoshino gakki group) that owned Cimar. Not sure, however...:)

My very first was a classic guitar.
My first electric guitar was a national crap (intending to copy a Fender Stratocaster). It was black I rembember.
I had sold it to a 15-year-old girl who was eager to learn how to play it. (YEAH!)

My dad made a guitar for me out of a solid chunk of cherry wood and put a Gibson pickup in it, but it wasn't full size. My first REAL guitar was a Tiesco Del Ray that I custom painted with a bunch of cans of spray paint when I was like 5. That guitar kicked ass really, played really good after my dad set it up, and the strap buttons were these really sharp spikes from some one of those big compass's.

First electric was Gibson SG Special. In fact, it's the only guitar I ever played, for 8 years, until 6 months ago when I bought a Jackson. Oh yeah and I bought some cheap Ibanez too, for use at school here in Hollywood. You know, in case some bitch would want to steal my guitar, I use a crappy one.

It was this really shitty Fender imitation, with bent neck, lousy mics, horrible wood etc. The store sold it to me for, like, $190 too, and later sold a Jackson for the same price to a friend of mine. That pissed me off!...a bit.

Originally posted by The Lord Conqueror
heh, it's good to see i'm not the only one who started with a hondo. mine was a formula 1 warlock copy.

LC

yup. mine was ooogly too. cherry red, heavy like 30 punds or something... i think it cost around $30.

I ended up nailing a nail in the nut to hold the E string in place.
the old hondo just wasn't up to having funk played on it...

My very first evcer guitar was a tiny spanish guitar that I recieved when I was like 6, my first real guitar was a little crappy guitar which I found in some attic, the only thing it said on the entire guitar is "Made in Japan" on a tiny plate on the back of it... I think it's in some attic now.

My first guitar was a minature Arbor V in a blue burst... it got stolen from my house days after I got it. :(

Then a while later, I got a Japanese Fender Strat with 2 hums and a floyd... I wish I would have kept that one.... I traded it in for a Charvel model 2, and have been hooked to Charvels and Jacksons since... :)

My first guitar was my dads 30 (maybe) year old Yamaha acoustic I think...

My first electric was a bass... a Samick... not sure what model...

But... Ibanez GAX70TR... that's my first electric guitar...