your first guitar

Fender strat, mexican version. I'd keep playing it but it's simply outclassed when it comes to shredding with jacksons or ESP's. I still love it to death though, playing on 9 gauge strings in D/C. Gotta love easy wide vibratos.

I started out with some $99 Classical, it was the shittiest thing ever, everytime i tuned the strungs the plastic brige came closer to flying off. Then I got some Gibson/Baldwin Signature Series Les Paul. Much Better but the nut was crap, kept buzzing my strings and pullin them too close to the frets. But finally about 3 weeks ago I got a Jackson DXMG Dinky with Floyd Rose tremolo, MG Series. Onyl took about 4 years but i can finally play in tune.

my first guitar was like a squier strat. i got it for my birthday when i was 9 and played it until i was 13. by then i had found out that you can't sweep pick on that piece of shit so i saved up and bought a jackson dk2m dinky and i loved it. i took my old strat and smashed it in my drive way.

my first guitar was a BC Rich Warlock Bronze Edition. Wasn't bad at all, just never got around to playing much, though once, my debts are paid and once I have a car, I'm getting a new guitar from Ran Guitars and going to start shredding the fuck out of it \m/

Mine was a ESP 100, it sounded terrible and was poorly built. I was 14 and had just started listening to metallica which is pretty much what inspired me to buy a guitar

Squire Strat. for me. Still have it.I then upgraded to an Epiphone Les Paul classic.

My first instrument was the violin. I hope to start playing it again.

search Michael Angelo Batio and you'll see what it is
I know about sweeping. But my understanding is that when sweeping you sorta strum - there's no crazy unique picking style.
But looking back I'm pretty sure he just meant sweeping.
W/e.

Squire Strat. for me. Still have it.I then upgraded to an Epiphone Les Paul classic.

My friend has one of those. He upgraded the pickups to a JB and a Jazz. It's crap for rhythm but the lead tone's really great. I don't like those bridges, though.

my first guitar was a starter strat copy with a 10watt combo ibanez amp. i remember not changing the settings ever until one year later (although i had switched from clean to distortion) and discovered that without mid it sounded heavy :p

my first guitar was a starter strat copy with a 10watt combo ibanez amp. i remember not changing the settings ever until one year later (although i had switched from clean to distortion) and discovered that without mid it sounded heavy :p

Epic fail.

1st: some Dean ripoff of a strat for 100 bucks

2nd (current): BC Rich Bronze Warlock

Good old Ibanez gio starter kit was mine :D
Actually really nice guitar for the price, whack some new pickups on it, and you have a really good guitar on a budget.

Used Honfer something or other strat that had reversed nut and strings for me since I'm left handed. It also had bite marks on the back of the neck from a dog. Awful, awful guitar.

My first guitar was a Squier Strat with a small Fender amp. It's a shitty guitar, the strings broke all the time because the neck started to bend to a twisted position in about half a year, causing that the upper strings wouldn't ring at all because they were touching the fretboard. I still occasionally play it, if I want to practice something real quick, and it's handy for composing, since I keep my main guitar (Schecter) at our band house. I just bought some new D'Addario strings, but I'm kinda afraid to even string the guitar with them because they would be broke in no time.