My first Guitar

:lol: :D
it's really not much of a deal i would say, but I heard other people complain about it, so I thought I should mention it.....

As a guitarist, I feel that fenders are beautiful guitars. You may not want one but if you dont have one, or even an immitation one then count yourself out as a serious guitarist. My first guitar was a vintage strat and ive never looked back.

But if youve got the money and feel confident enough to venture out into the cruel world of guitaring, might i recommend a gibson or a cheap maverick; prefferably second hand, you dont wanna spend too much now do ya.

Originally posted by Floyd
:lol: :D
it's really not much of a deal i would say, but I heard other people complain about it, so I thought I should mention it.....

Yeah, I personally hate neck-heavy guitars. When playing, I want to be able to be as relaxed as possible in my fretting hand. If I constantly have to support the neck with it at the same time, I can't achieve that. I also get problems fretting notes at the bottom end of the fretboard. And after you've played for a while, fatigue will start to get to ya.

On a sidenote, I must add that I'm of a totally different opinion than those who claim that it's difficult to play sitting with a V-shaped guitar. I just place the notch of the V over my leg and go. Now, if it had been an inverse offset V (such as an inverse Rhoads), _that_ would've meant bigger trouble.

'bane

I hate neck heavy guitars too.

Unfortunately, the strap button on my KV is at a place where when I put it on my leg, it puts the whole weight of the guitar on my calf... if it weren't for that (and I'm not about to drill a new hole in my guitar to move it) it would be decently comfortable.

The most comfortable guitar sitting would be the Warrior... it just sits so perfectly. :)