What would a metalhead be without his/her old reliable leatherjacket?

LadySteele

May 29, 2004
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Ok,the leather jacket.
the staple in the metal head's wardrobe,over the years its more like a best friend than just a piece of clothing. The familiar way it feels and smells,. The memories, The stories, the skeletons it protects while hanging guard in the closet-if that thing could talk,...you'd be in trouble.....
artwork or adornments chosen for it to express oneself added to it etc. you know what I mean.
Whats your story? Do you still have the one you begged your parents for as a teenager? can you fit into it? how long have you had it? was it sad to ver pass it down to someone? what is the hottest weather you vainly suffered through wearing it? ?lol
.......I still have my first leather trench coat. "sweet" (ahem ha ha ) 16 present.... its got such huge shoulderpads, I never wear it, keep letting it stick around though gives me a good laugh from time to time. My other half still can fit the one from 1990. the basic biker,....and we have had our family portrait all jeans, tshirt and bikerjackets-.the best thing I ever painted on the back of one, were beautiful linework white roses. My friend wreked his bike. He lived,.sadly,his jacket , and my roses, didn't. :cry:
yeah, my story's kind of lame, but it may wake some folks up, or atleast give you something to smile about ! funny how some of us have our biker jackets longer than we've had our spouses....lol

LadySteele said:
Ok,the leather jacket.
the staple in the metal head's wardrobe,over the years its more like a best friend than just a piece of clothing. The familiar way it feels and smells,. The memories, The stories, the skeletons it protects while hanging guard in the closet-if that thing could talk,...you'd be in trouble.....
artwork or adornments chosen for it to express oneself added to it etc. you know what I mean.
Whats your story?

Nice story with yours ^___^

No real tear jerking story with my favorite. It is more or less half a cow though. I own a full length trench as well. I bought it about 4 years ago at Wilson's during the summer and paid $180 for the $450 jacket. It is so heavy, I can barely lift it with one arm, but once I put it on... it's not bad at all. Though music is my fave "hobby," I also love (American) football. I want a big Steelers emblem on the back of my jacket all done in dyed leather and the pieces of the emblem individually sewed with matching color.
Though as I said, the jacket has little "sentimental" value to me (unlike some of my metal t's) it "fits" me personally, not just physically.

Bryant

I edited this because I forgot to mention shoes !! I am the only man in America that has more shoes than his wife. My fuscia pumps are my favorites !! Just joking about the pumps, but why would someone go through the trouble of being monotone with a leather trench and make their feet disappear with "matching" leather boots, when you can go with some "Spicholi" Vans. I own five pair of Vans, plus oldschool Converse etc. My feet are size 13 so I might as well put something on them that looks cool. You can't miss them in the first place.

Bryant

Wow, where do I begin. I grew up in the 80's so that should tell you something. I have 3 leather coats that I've had since the beginning of time. A light jacket, a heavy coat, and a trench. (Depending on the weather, I'll probably be wearing the trench in Chicago) I used to have a leather skirt and a leather dress but I gave them away. I have a number of leather boots and I even have a black leather couch (a recliner). I wouldn't say I like leather much, really. As for the story, there are too many.....Wait for the novel.

Well, I didn't get my first leather jacket for Metal...it was to save my back should I lose control. I got my first leather jacket (motorcyle style) when I got my 550 Suzuki Katana. It just came in handy when going to concerts! The chaps are nice too but I always feel "weird" about wearing them to concerts unless I ride my motorcycle. :ill:

Bryant said:
Nice story with yours ^___^

Bryant

My feet are size 13 so I might as well put something on them that looks cool. You can't miss them in the first place. Bryant
You know what they say about a man with big feet...............................

:OMG: must have Big hands, too! :tickled:

kittybeast said:
You know what they say about a man with big feet...............................

That they have big shoes?
And what would a Metalhead be without a leather jacket? Me, I guess! :D I don't know, I'm more fond of denim...

I've had my big bad biker jacket for about 8 years now, and it's just getting broken in. :) Unfortunately, I went in for suede with fringes before (it's all Joe Lynn Turner's fault!!).

I've never really suffered through wearing it when it was too hot, though I did have it with me last year in October when I was in Cincinatti for (what else?) a Marillion show, and it was over 70 degrees out. I definitely left that bad boy in the hotel room. It's so very handy for travelling, though--anything that won't fit in a suitcase will definitely fit in one of the myriad pockets!

Shaye

kittybeast said:
This just means you went to school with a bunch of punks who love crap music!

True, normally I don't care when people mess with me but when it costs me 2 trips to the principals office because I have "Anger" problems when it comes to punk little assholes who skateboard, I will just switch to the Stratovarius hoodie

dargormudshark said:
True, normally I don't care when people mess with me but when it costs me 2 trips to the principals office because I have "Anger" problems when it comes to punk little assholes who skateboard, I will just switch to the Stratovarius hoodie
I certainly don't miss high school :yuk:

Very Cool thread! ... I am currently on my 3rd Leather the First 2 still look like Jackets but they are pretty much Leather rags now I wore them untill they fell off of me and its True if they could talk they could tell stories I could'nt even begin to remember I think almost every important Event and every Metal Concert in my life I was wearing my Second Skin or Armour if you will ... The hottest weather I have endured is prolly 80 Degrees with 80% humidity in a Leather Jacket that is damn near unbearable ... ... High School Sucked! .. but I do Believe the leather and the fact that I was the Only Metal head helped keep anybody from ever messing with me ... I looked Scary as Hell ... kinda like a Metal Charles Manson :p ... ofcourse once ppl got to know me the figured out real quick I was about as scary as a Field Mouse :loco:

lady_space said:
I've had my big bad biker jacket for about 8 years now, and it's just getting broken in. :) Unfortunately, I went in for suede with fringes before (it's all Joe Lynn Turner's fault!!).

I've never really suffered through wearing it when it was too hot, though I did have it with me last year in October when I was in Cincinatti for (what else?) a Marillion show, and it was over 70 degrees out. I definitely left that bad boy in the hotel room. It's so very handy for travelling, though--anything that won't fit in a suitcase will definitely fit in one of the myriad pockets!

Shaye

Oh yeah I know that one !! I had a leather jacket with fringes on it in the 80's but I'm a guy, so one day I realized I looked liuke a dork and sold it.
:loco:

Bryant

JonnyD said:
Very Cool thread! ... I am currently on my 3rd Leather the First 2 still look like Jackets but they are pretty much Leather rags now I wore them untill they fell off of me

I can't really picture you without that jacket. I think when we split the room last year, you put in on over your Winnie The Pooh pajamas when you went to bed.

Bryant

dargormudshark said:
hahaha, I can so not picture that, but then again I doubt you could picture my dad with an orange flock of seagulls haircut :loco:

Actually, it was a sharp jacket "considering" it did have fringes on it. It wasn't "that bad" of a glam jacket, but it didn't fit my taste. It looked better on the rack than on my back. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with some of the hair bands as I don't subscribe to a particular genre nor sub-genre of music, but that jacket wasn't "me."
I had a mullet when I was your age too. My Mom wouldn't let me grow my hair long all over, so I grew it the only way I could.... in the back. There would have to be some super-freaky cosmetology accident for me to EVER have an orange Flock of Seagulls "do" though. I would die to see a pix of your Dad with that haircut. Maybe we should talk Urban into getting one, you think ?

Bryant