what would be the best equipment/software...

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
i want to record a demo with my pc , but i don't know how to do it...so what would you people advice me to use(equipment,software,etc).help needed please:)

i earn around 500 dlls a week........is not that much but i guess i can afford to pay something useful

If you want to record drums, costs increase x10 or something. I recommend to use drum software instead. Drumsite is a very good program. Much better than known software like Fruity Loops.

So, for recording guitars, get a Shure SM57 (beta or regular)
It's the best option when comparing price with quality. Sure there's better ones out there but they're much more expensive.
Hook it up to a GOOD soundcard, and run some multitrack software like Adobe Audition (also known as Cool Edit).
Again, there are better programs (Cakewalk, Cubase,...), but Audition gets the job done and is very easy. The SM57 can actually be used to record vocals as well... But if you can get an SM58, go for it...

So... To sum it up: get drum software, a mic, multitrack software, and you're good to go.
If you really want to do it more professionally I'm gonna have to edit my post, big time.

thanx alot bro! and u just missed the mics though....hehe how am i suppouse to record it..........i apologize i'm a newb or stupid

I use Garageband on my mac to record.. it is just so easy to get going with... press the big red button and youre off.
not the best to make "proffesional" demos, but simple enough to record often without hassle.

i know of a linux dist full of audio recording/mixing software.
the company is called agnula, and the distros are remudi and demudi (redhat and debian based..)
i havent tried them out, but hey, it´s free software.
find them here:
http://www.agnula.org/

edit:
If someone tries this, or know anything, i am curious, so share experiences :)

What about Cool Edit then? It's perfect for recording guitars, bass and vocals, and is easy to use to help sort out harmonies, melodies etc.

Cerulean said:
How many more times do I have to say no_reply isn't looking to do something professional... Audition is easy as pie, he needs to understand basics before using more professional stuff.

Audition is easy and intuitive. when combining with sony acid 5 or 6, you can get pretty good results. off course the big guns use cubase and pro tools(though pro tools may demand special hardware)