what would be the best equipment/software...

okay, I went to the music-store in Arnhem a few hours ago.
They advised me this:
-Samson Qkick bassdrum-mic
-Samson Qsnare mic
-Samson C 02 2pack C02cond.mic (2 x overhead)
-Yamaha MW 10 mixer usb+cubSE (mixer + 'soundcard' + recording software all in one)
-some cables

All together: 500 euro.

I'll use my computer for recording.

@unicorn: yeah, I see the second mic for the snare is quite important, but this seems to be a very good start for me. I can always add that one later on.

I still need to gather a lot of money for this set, please tell me what you all think of it.
I have a quit good feeling about this, it's a decent small set.

edit: We discussed for a good while, and this was what we came up with.

Vincent J. said:
okay, I went to the music-store in Arnhem a few hours ago.
They advised me this:
-Samson Qkick bassdrum-mic
-Samson Qsnare mic
-Samson C 02 2pack C02cond.mic (2 x overhead)
-Yamaha MW 10 mixer usb+cubSE (mixer + 'soundcard' + recording software all in one)
-some cables

All together: 500 euro.

I'll use my computer for recording.

@unicorn: yeah, I see the second mic for the snare is quite important, but this seems to be a very good start for me. I can always add that one later on.

I still need to gather a lot of money for this set, please tell me what you all think of it.
I have a quit good feeling about this, it's a decent small set.

edit: We discussed for a good while, and this was what we came up with.

hm.. I don't know. Never heard of Samson mics. Do you have a link to this soundcard/mixer device?

Erik said:
This Samson package will get your drums recorded, but it probably won't be "pro" quality... I don't think you've mentioned your level of ambition? Are we talking demo level stuff or what?
ah, level of ambition...
well, with this set I want to get introduced to recording and have the possibility to record 'decent' drums. I'd like to be able to record some sort of demo yes...

Erik said:
Look closer

"The MW also has 48V phantom power, so you can use high-quality condenser or ribbon microphones and get pro-quality sound for your vocals and acoustic instruments."

The two links are different. The MW 10 in the second link doesn't even has XLR channels ..
btw, if you put phantom power on an old ribbon mic it gets destroyed.
hehe, pro-quality sound....

Erik said:
Some odd ribbon mics demand +48V though.

395755162j00.jpg

This is the MW-10, it DOES have +48V and four mic channels

The second link shows picture of the MW-12 but says in the text that the MW-10 does have +48V and four mic preamps -- the inputs are on the back of the MW-12 hence why you can't see them
yeah, if I can remember correctly the second link was the one they had in the store.
It had 6 inputs on the back, I'm 100% sure about that.
hmm, are there different versions of the mw-10? (like, a version which dóes have 6 inputs on the back) because the guy said it was a mw-10, not a mw-12...